• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2020-2021 PGA Tour Thread

• 5 weeks later...

Tiger back on the shelf. About to have back surgery #5 and will be out for a while.

Meanwhile, the PGA Tour has cancelled next year's PGA Championship at Trump Bedminster Golf Course. Will move to another course which has yet to be announced.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 6:54 PM, Tank said:

patrick reed being patrick reed. 

i hope a stray driving range ball hits him in the nuts.

I don't like Reed and he has been questioned cheating before but if it is LC&P what is the difference if it bounces first or not? Was it cause he went and grabbed it first then said check it out.  

45 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I don't like Reed and he has been questioned cheating before but if it is LC&P what is the difference if it bounces first or not? Was it cause he went and grabbed it first then said check it out.  

From what I read is if the ball bounced first it very unlikely it was lodged into the ground. 

20 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

From what I read is if the ball bounced first it very unlikely it was lodged into the ground. 

Ya, I have seen them LC&P in the fairway plenty of tourneys on the mown grass. He was in the rough and maybe they had a rule if he was plugged in the rough, he could get a ruling but he toyed with it first.  They brain fart the rules now and then but this guys is earning a rep. 

1 hour ago, Crampknees said:

The rule is about the ball being embedded in a lie from impact. If it bounces then there in no chance for the ball sitting in it's pitch mark.

The controversy surrounds him asking if the ball bounced and the volunteer saying it did not. His playing partner and caddies did not see the ball bounce.

So from that point on he has the right to mark the ball placement, which he did, and check if the ball is embedded, even remove the ball as long as he announces his intentions to witnesses, which he did.

After finding the ball did rest in a pitch mark he called for an official to verify it was indeed an embedded lie and was afforded a club length drop.

Since he is a known cheat the assumption was he knew the ball bounced and did something to doctor the lie before summoning an official. This is not apparent in the video replay.

9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The rule is about the ball being embedded in a lie from impact. If it bounces then there in no chance for the ball sitting in it's pitch mark.

The controversy surrounds him asking if the ball bounced and the volunteer saying it did not. His playing partner and caddies did not see the ball bounce.

So from that point on he has the right to mark the ball placement, which he did, and check if the ball is embedded, even remove the ball as long as he announces his intentions to witnesses, which he did.

After finding the ball did rest in a pitch mark he called for an official to verify it was indeed an embedded lie and was afforded a club length drop.

Since he is a known cheat the assumption was he knew the ball bounced and did something to doctor the lie before summoning an official. This is not apparent in the video replay.

Well explained.  Luckily it was more than a 1 or 2 stroke win and likely was plugged deep but since he is getting the rep he should have gotten someone over first. He won but just gave his competitors more reason to think he is a shit. Brings me back to DJ at the PGA on the Kohler course in Wisc.  I believe he just brain farted that and got called out which was right because people were using the trap as a path and should have asked first.  

Side note when I play you guys, It is what I say it was.  

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

The 68-foot birdie from the rough off the green was magical.

Lou and I had talked about it here but he hasn't won since that playoff bunker chip in from what I think was almost 3 years ago now. Hopefully this is the start of him getting his game back.