• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2020-2021 PGA Tour Thread

got to see the late night replay. any tournament where you're chasing the lead and you go 3-3-3 on the last three holes, you're going to end up doing pretty well. thought finau played too conservatively down the stretch and didn't close it out like he should have.

i don't remember which hole it was, but it was a par 3 playing 190 yards and guys were hitting 8 irons. bloody unbelievable.

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

I had an offer to join my brothers Sunday morning to play a round but then I remembered my golf clubs were in someone else's trunk. So I ended up watching the tourney instead.

Adam strikes again! 😡

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

apothecary is my safe word 

wow, what are the chances that both of us would have that in common?

lefty has played really well this week. he's kind of blowing chunks this afternoon, but it's been fun to watch. nick taylor still leading, but only by 3 as the leaders tee off on lucky 13.

• Chuck unpinned this topic

I listened to a podcast Friday with Peter Kostis on Friday. very interesting. he said he knew firsthand of four times reed cheated by improving his lie - same way he did in the bunker last fall where reed would take out a club he had no intention of using and guide it behind the ball in some fake practice swings so that the ground was a bit more manicured.

he also said he was pretty upset about the way cbs handled the whole firing thing with him and McCord. for the network it was simply about money. said the network doesn't have enough cameras on the broadcast because they're too cheap to pay for the crew needed to man them, and as a result, they end up missing several shots that viewers should be seeing.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I listened to a podcast Friday with Peter Kostis on Friday. very interesting. he said he knew firsthand of four times reed cheated by improving his lie - same way he did in the bunker last fall where reed would take out a club he had no intention of using and guide it behind the ball in some fake practice swings so that the ground was a bit more manicured.

he also said he was pretty upset about the way cbs handled the whole firing thing with him and McCord. for the network it was simply about money. said the network doesn't have enough cameras on the broadcast because they're too cheap to pay for the crew needed to man them, and as a result, they end up missing several shots that viewers should be seeing.

Maybe I've heard a better interview in my life, but I doubt it.  Damn, Kostis brought the hammer.  As someone who is interested in the broadcasts themselves, Kostis gave so much information.

He was interviewing a rookie after he won his first tournament a few years ago.  Kostis gave the on-the-green interview after, and asked if the guy was excited about a) the two year exemption and b) automatic Masters entry that went with it.

Kostis said he got a call from his bosses in NY on monday.  The PGA commissioner was leaning on CBS because Kostis didn't mention the "500 Fed Ex points" that went with the win.  For fuck's sake.

He never said Reed was a cheater.  He said there were at least four instances where somehow the Reed's lie improved, which is against the rules of golf.  If his ball is in deep grass, Reed would "experiment" with different clubs addressing the ball, all the while tamping down the grass behind his ball, this improving his lie. 

What a dick.

Kostis said that one time he was in the tower at 16 at Torrey, and Reed's ball landed in the rough grass past the green.  From the tower, Kostis could barely see it.  By the time Reed got finished, Kostis could read "calloway" on the ball.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I'll have to agree with him on the cameras after seeing some of the incredible shots Fox had of Pebble during the US Open last year.