• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

$700,000 Condos for the Homeless in L.A.

20 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

As far as programs/options for addicts there's always methadone clinics to ween someone off, rehab, etc.  The one that always gets me which I know you're way more familiar with given your line of work is the shot OD victims get which saves their lives.  There's people that are given that shot multiple because they choose to get high.  I realize it's not an easy thing to kick but they do have some control over it as well as options to get clean.  Then you've got someone who gets cancer that can't afford the chemo or drugs they need to ease their pain or give them a chance at surviving.  It's just screwed up the way things work or rather don't work sometimes.

Yep. We got trained in narcan (which counters heroin) maybe two years ago. Cant tell you how many times ive used it...

.... and now we have opened ourselves up to lawsuits if we dont provide it, or screw it up.

Its so common police have to carry it, instead of just fire. 

Then fire takes them to the hospital, which the city pays the bill for.

I think i mentioned it on here before. I took a dead body call last year. OD. ...

.... we had already taken him to the hospital earlier that day for an OD... hadnt even written that report yet when we found him dead later.

19 hours ago, Taylor said:

It's almost as if homeless people, just like non-homeles people, can either be parasites who continue to make self-destructive decisions OR decent people who are in their situation because of no fault of their own.

The problem is, both sides paint homeless people with a broad brush. According to the right, homeless people need to be taught accountability and shouldn't receive any kind of help. According to the left, homeless people are just victims who need handouts.

Very true. 

The rush limbaugh crowd assumes them all to be addicts. The cnn crowd labels them all as victims.

One says no to humanity, the other demands they be babied.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:54 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

These condos are better than a lot of us have.... ive never understood why "shelters" need to be houses. Camp Pendleton is an idea, in my opinion.... 900 bucks a month, cafeteria food and barracks housing is fine for a Marine, but not a tweaker?.....

Good, common sense thinking