Sign in to follow this  
Vladdylonglegs

Favorite international vacation spots

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hows that book? I just heard about it maybe 2 weeks ago. Im about 10 books behind on my reading list, so it will be awhile. But its definetely getting read at some point.

It's good...I've always been interested in the Troubles so it's been a good introduction. Getting to the second part of the book now, less focus on the Troubles and more on the murder so we'll see if it holds my interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Also, @red321, if you go. Dont ask the locals to teach you a toast. And then use the toast in the wrong part of the city. You.... shut the entire bar up, and have them all stare at you and look for something to stab you with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiocfiedh ar la...... pronounced as a dumbass american "chucky are lah"..... 

Just never say it when youre there.

ha...I'll try and keep that in mind. I usually try and avoid the dumbass american tag...so I try to find someone from Texas, or Germany in a pinch,  to hang out near so I look better by comparison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, red321 said:

ha...I'll try and keep that in mind. I usually try and avoid the dumbass american tag...so I try to find someone from Texas, or Germany in a pinch,  to hang out near so I look better by comparison

just take halothunder with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Taylor said:

I just looked up photos of Queenstown and now I want to go to there.

you should...I cannot stress enough how amazing Queenstown and the south island is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, red321 said:

you should...I cannot stress enough how amazing Queenstown and the south island is.

I'm getting some push back from my Aussie friend.  Apparently hot springs, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and black water rafting are sticking points, and also since he's been to Queenstown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I'm getting some push back from my Aussie friend.  Apparently hot springs, the Tongariro Alpine Crossing and black water rafting are sticking points, and also since he's been to Queenstown.

fucking Australians

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Adam said:

My mulatto friend from high school is a mexican in new zealand. picks fruit under the table and everything. 

Does he swim in his jeans, too? Just to mess with them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 10:23 AM, red321 said:

fucking Australians

Apparently he talked to some other Australians about it and they convinced him you were correct.  So now I’m going to miss hot springs, black water rafting and Hobbiton. Thanks, dick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to Berlin later in the year. Considering where else to go... 10-12 days total. Munich, maybe, if Oktoberfest is happening. My brother suggested Brussels. I've never been to Europe so Barcelona, London....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Probably going to Berlin later in the year. Considering where else to go... 10-12 days total. Munich, maybe, if Oktoberfest is happening. My brother suggested Brussels. I've never been to Europe so Barcelona, London....

I’ve been to Munich so many times it’s hard to say how many days you need.  If you like drinking beer and being social with other drunks, it can be a very special place.  Since it can be a base for day trips to the Alps, as well, for a first timer you could spend more days there than your 10-12 day total would allow, but if you are going to Germany, you have to go to Munich.  If you are thinking as late in the year as Oktoberfest, then I’d say think about putting it off a bit more and go after Thanksgiving and before Christmas.  Germany is awesome during Christmas season.  Google “German Christmas markets”.  
 

Munich is overrated, expensive and crowded during Oktoberfest and unless you have boobs, reservations you’ve made months in advance or get to the tents at noon, you may not even get into the major brewery tents at Oktoberfest.  And honestly you find the same extreme alcoholism and giant beers at the beer halls and Biergartens any time of year.  Point being, IMO there is no reason to target Munich during Oktoberfest unless it’s a bucket list thing or something.  
 

I would also recommend Dublin for a night or two.  The Irish are awesome and the pubs and pints of the black stuff deserve a stop.  You also mentioned London which is another favorite city of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont feel a need to go during Oktoberfest, but September is looking like a good time for me and flights are cheaper. My brother also downplayed Oktoberfest.  Zero chance I go in the next 3 months. Dublin is another I'd consider.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 11:34 PM, ScottT said:

I dont feel a need to go during Oktoberfest, but September is looking like a good time for me and flights are cheaper. My brother also downplayed Oktoberfest.  Zero chance I go in the next 3 months. Dublin is another I'd consider.  

 

Cant recommend Ireland enough 

Reference Munich and Octoberfest, Id say do it at least once in your life. Its a cool experience.

If youre there anyway, head south into the alps.... by far one of the most beautiful regions on earth. (Berchtesgaden). Throwback in time.

Austria is right there, too. Same as above. Hallstad is like a postcard, or fairy tale book. But in german, covered in chinese. So its unique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, ScottT said:

Probably going to Berlin later in the year. Considering where else to go... 10-12 days total. Munich, maybe, if Oktoberfest is happening. My brother suggested Brussels. I've never been to Europe so Barcelona, London....

No matter how long that you stay, you will never see everything that you want to get to in London. I spent three weeks there on two separate trips and I still haven't gotten to everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No matter how long that you stay, you will never see everything that you want to get to in London. I spent three weeks there on two separate trips and I still haven't gotten to everything.

Well you know what they say: “when one is tired of London, he is tired of life.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this