• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

Noticed that recent MILB signee Thomas Pannone was an Indians prospect the same years that Callaway was there. Could very well just be coincidental since they likely didn’t cross paths much, but good chance he could have had some input here in Pannone signing here.

Wonder if the org sees Faria or Pannone as dark horse pen candidates, maybe a full-time conversion from starting unlocks something. 

Either way I like the AAA depth Minasian is building. 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Noticed that recent MILB signee Thomas Pannone was an Indians prospect the same years that Callaway was there. Could very well just be coincidental since they likely didn’t cross paths much, but good chance he could have had some input here in Pannone signing here.

Wonder if the org sees Faria or Pannone as dark horse pen candidates, maybe a full-time conversion from starting unlocks something. 

Either way I like the AAA depth Minasian is building. 

I think Faria has some potential as a reliever.  Basically, a no-risk move.  Can start him off at AAA and see what he has, and if he shows he can miss some bats, he can find himself in the mix later.

One thing to note though is he doesn't have any remaining options, so if he does get added to the 40-man roster, he'd had to be in the big leagues, so that is something to note, as a lack of roster flexibility does matter.

On 12/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, sportstr44 said:

That doesn't make sense. Paris is one of the few position players in the org with bonafide star potential and has played all of three professional games. You don't trade a guy like that until he's made his mark in the minors. Maybe after next year, and only if they like Arol Vera as much or more.

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

That doesn't make sense. Paris is one of the few position players in the org with bonafide star potential and has played all of three professional games. You don't trade a guy like that until he's made his mark in the minors. Maybe after next year, and only if they like Arol Vera as much or more.

I try not to take MLB.com stuff too seriously. Publications like Fangraphs and Baseball America are all about accuracy of their content, whereas MLB.com will always have a marketing agenda in itself that it is trying to accomplish. 

By that, I don't mean they're trying to make Kyren Paris a household name or a star specifically or anything, but they're trying to draw traffic, attention, and credibility to their minor league coverage by pushing casual fans into reading more about guys like Kyren Paris or any other comparable prospect - that is likely their target goal more than being the source for the most reputable minor league content. 

Think if Fangraphs wanted to do clickbait. They drop an article almost daily that follows a similar theme. It's fun to read and if it gets casual fans more interested in guys like Kyren Paris, it's only good for the Angels and good for baseball.

I'm so glad that Burlington is out of the picture. So many games were postponed there due to weather, or just downright cold AF to play in. Terrible elements for players to shine IMO.

I can also go see the High-A #Angels in Tri-Cities, WA! Wine tasting tours by day, minor league baseball by night! 2021 is looking better every day.

the jesus win GIF

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm so glad that Burlington is out of the picture. So many games were postponed there due to weather, or just downright cold AF to play in. Terrible elements for players to shine IMO.

I can also go see the High-A #Angels in Tri-Cities, WA! Wine tasting tours by day, minor league baseball by night! 2021 is looking better every day.

the jesus win GIF

They should've never left Cedar Rapids. More mild weather patterns. So my question I suppose is, will low-A play a full season? Traditionally, low-A plays half a season, while A and Advanced A play a full minor in league season. Now that we've done away with A Ball, does it change low-A?

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

They should've never left Cedar Rapids. More mild weather patterns. So my question I suppose is, will low-A play a full season? Traditionally, low-A plays half a season, while A and Advanced A play a full minor in league season. Now that we've done away with A Ball, does it change low-A?

short season was to accommodate post draft players.  now that the draft has been moved back, my guess is that all levels start around the same time.  I think they have essentially renamed what was A to low A

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Another downside to Burlington was that they didn't have a MiLB.tv feed at their home ballpark, and many Midwest League teams also didn't have MiLB.tv feeds. The Burlington Bees didn't even have a radio broadcast! They had no radio announcer at all.

I don't know if Tri-City has an MiLB.tv feed, but I do know they have a radio feed and an actual radio announcer. Hopefully Tri-City and the other Northwest League teams have an MiLB.tv feed.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:19 AM, Chuckster70 said:

the jesus win GIF

It’ll be cool in April in Tri-Cities, but hopefully with less rain.

9. Los Angeles Angels -- Jose Alberto Rivera, RHP (Astros)

Scouting Report: The Astros signed Rivera signed for $10,000 at 19—relatively older for a Latin American signing—so he didn't make his full-season debut until he was 22 in 2019. He has electric arm speed, producing a fastball that ranges from 97-102 mph with lively tailing action. He throws a split-change in the mid-80s, a pitch that progressed throughout the 2019 season to flash above-average by the end of that year. He has a hard slider in the mid-80s as well, but it's not reliable in terms of the pure quality of the pitch or his ability to hit his target. He has an aggressive, high-energy delivery that he will need to corral to repeat more often and improve his strike-throwing ability. His control will probably lead to issues in 2021, but he should be able to stick around the Angels' bullpen as a power reliever.

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I'm really disapointed at the fact that we lost Soriano, and a bit pissed, since we do have room on the 40 men to add. He's had an ERA under 3, while being one of the youngest starters. Just really pissed.  

Really?