• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

sinking 95 with tailing life and it's not his best pitch.  

Would be huge if CRod can pitch a full season in the minors and hold up physically.  Would give us two possible young, cost-controlled SPs on the near horizon in Detmers + CRod.  Koch has promise too, but he's further down the pipeline.

Add in the hope that we acquire a SP this winter for the long-term (whether it's Bauer, a trade for a young SP, etc), the possibility of signing/extending Bundy, as well as Canning, and perhaps something out of Ohtani, and we could be on the path to having some good SP.  We'll see how things go.

I remembered in 2019, in one of his starts there was tweet that had him with alteast 3 70 grade pitchers, one was the slider, the other fastball and i think the last one was his change. 

Personly i think his Fastball his a 65 grade pitch. 94-96 with sinking action, and also has the ability to reach 99. It could potentially be a 70 or maybe an 80 grade pitch when he's developed.

The slider has allway been there i would say its 65 with the potential to be a 70 grade pitch. 

He's has Ace like stuff and potential.

If everything holds up and he's healthy. I think he'll be the best propsect in our system and a top 15 prospect in the minors!

59 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I remembered in 2019, in one of his starts there was tweet that had him with alteast 3 70 grade pitchers, one was the slider, the other fastball and i think the last one was his change. 

Personly i think his Fastball his a 65 grade pitch. 94-96 with sinking action, and also has the ability to reach 99. It could potentially be a 70 or maybe an 80 grade pitch when he's developed.

The slider has allway been there i would say its 65 with the potential to be a 70 grade pitch. 

He's has Ace like stuff and potential.

If everything holds up and he's healthy. I think he'll be the best propsect in our system and a top 15 prospect in the minors!

they've gotta move this guy into the top 100 at least.  Even with his injury history.  

Erik Rivera, LHP/OF, Angels

Rivera shows the most promise of the many two-way players the Angels are trying to develop. The 2019 fourth-round pick showed a good lefthanded swing with power at the plate and a fastball up to 95 mph from the left side on the mound at instructs. Evaluators generally prefer Rivera as a pitcher and think that should be his primary role moving forward, but he showed enough offensive potential to contribute as a pinch-hitter or designated hitter on days he didn't pitch.

Chris Rodriguez, RHP, Angels

Rodriguez showed some of the best stuff of any pitcher in Arizona. His fastball sat 94-96 mph with sinking, tailing life and he commanded three secondary pitches that all drew plus grades from evaluators. His slider, in particular, jumped forward to become the best pitch in his arsenal. Most important, Rodriguez was durable. After being beset by injuries throughout his career, Rodriguez handled a normal workload and didn’t miss any time while maintaining premium stuff throughout.

Didn't know where to put this random question...

Is Taylor Cole still in the Angels organization? He isn't listed on any rosters throughout the Angels organization, but his MLB transactions page doesn't say that he elected free agency.

Last I heard, after he was DFA'd in March, he accepted an outright assignment to AAA but then had shoulder surgery while at the Alternate Site.

Any idea, @Jeff Fletcher?

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Didn't know where to put this random question...

Is Taylor Cole still in the Angels organization? He isn't listed on any rosters throughout the Angels organization, but his MLB transactions page doesn't say that he elected free agency.

Last I heard, after he was DFA'd in March, he accepted an outright assignment to AAA but then had shoulder surgery while at the Alternate Site.

Any idea, @Jeff Fletcher?

don't know for sure, but if he had surgery as part of the Angels org he is probably still with them until he recovers.  

On 11/25/2020 at 7:33 AM, sportstr44 said:

Erik Rivera, LHP/OF, Angels

Rivera shows the most promise of the many two-way players the Angels are trying to develop. The 2019 fourth-round pick showed a good lefthanded swing with power at the plate and a fastball up to 95 mph from the left side on the mound at instructs. Evaluators generally prefer Rivera as a pitcher and think that should be his primary role moving forward, but he showed enough offensive potential to contribute as a pinch-hitter or designated hitter on days he didn't pitch.

good to see him flash on the radar.  Curious if Perry and his team will continue with the two way player thing.  

Rivera was one of those guys who you might see pop up 3-5 years after he's drafted as he was raw as raw could be.  My guess is that he's still pretty raw but those tools are actually translating into something for us to dream on.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them make him focus on pitching only from now on.