• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

Worst part of this Rona is the lack of milb info.

Really curious to see when they'll announce what minor league teams survived the purge. They already made short-season ball a non factor by moving the draft back and the consolidation of power was pretty much made complete when MILB President resigned from his position.

Just announce the killings already.

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Pretty excited about this. Kochanowicz was the prospect I was most excited to see (along with Chris Rodriguez) if we had a minor league season. 

Congrats to William Holmes for making it to Long Beach! 

I made it to Long Beach once. 

Until I drove down Cherry Ave. from the 405 fwy headed west to the beach.

I kind of see our pitching prospects in the following categories:

Medium ceiling, high floor: Detmers

High ceiling, low floor: Rodriguez, Kochanowicz

Medium ceiling, medium floor: Stallings

Medium ceiling, low floor: Soriano, Yan, Pina, Holmes, Franco, Aquino

Low ceiling, medium floor: Hernandez, Ortega

"High ceiling" means #2 starter or better potential.

"Medium ceiling" means mid-rotation starter or very good reliever.

"Low ceiling" means back-end starter or solid reliever.

If they can get a full (or close enough) minor league season in for 2021 and Kochanowicz/Deitmers/Rodriguez/Stallings can get in 100+ innings......then realistically you could envision all four of these guys contending for a SP rotation spot come 2022.  Each would be 22-24+ years old.  I don't mean they all would be in the rotation in 2022.  But each one could be an option at some point during the season for one or more spots. 

Deitmers certainly is being looked at to be a guy who can be in the starting rotation in early 2022.  Rodriguez just needs to stay healthy and get his innings up in 2021 -- if so, he's going to force his way in.  Koch is the lesser option since he's the youngest and hasn't really pitched professionally much (if any) at all besides instructional ball.  But guys with that kind of stuff can come on quickly.  Stallings seems more like what we have (back-end types) but that's valuable and needed.  Some good things to dream upon in bad times.