Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Top prospects, teenagers basically, are really just at home on their own?!?  Did i miss something about that.  That's not how i would want my prime future business assets.  Especially such young guys.  Older vets know how to eat properly, work out, etc.  But guys 16-19 years old -- I don't trust their judgement.  I'd want my top guys in AZ working out and developing their talent with coaches.  Seriously Is that really a thing?  I sure hope that was an incorrect statement by BA.   

57 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How soon do they go down from 30 man roster?

Found this:

How many players will actually be eligible to play each day?

When the season opens on July 23 or 24, teams will submit rosters of up to 30 players, with a minimum of 25. Two weeks later, those rosters will be trimmed to 28, then to 26 two weeks after that. Once teams are limited to a 26-man roster, they will be permitted to add a 27th player for doubleheaders.

I thought Marsh was actually more athletic and better defensively than Adell.  Maybe i am mis-remembering...or just missing brain cells.  

Also, don't we have enough 1Bman and guys who may eventually need to transition to 1B eventually (in a bad way).

9 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I thought Marsh was actually more athletic and better defensively than Adell.  Maybe i am mis-remembering...or just missing brain cells.  

Also, don't we have enough 1Bman and guys who may eventually need to transition to 1B eventually (in a bad way).

He is better defensively IMO, but if learning 1B gets him up sooner, Id be cool with it.   It's not like he can't do an Erstad and go back to the OF once Upton is gone.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He is better defensively IMO, but if learning 1B gets him up sooner, Id be cool with it.   It's not like he can't do an Erstad and go back to the OF once Upton is gone.

This right here. He's the best defensive outfileder in our system, but we have log jam in the outfileder. Lets him play 1st, which will also increase his value. 

Did Eppler draft Thaiss?  It's pretty apparent now that Thaiss as a #16 OA draft pick has not panned out at all and was a bad pick.  I was surprised (& disappointed) at his selection on draft day and it's turned out to be a rare correct assessment.  This along with the unmitigated disaster of last year's Will Wilson pick at 15...just bad.  

I am a fan of Eppler and he had a huge mountain to climb rebuilding the LAA organization from the bottom up after bonehead's destruction.  But missing so badly on good 1st round picks just can't happen.  Yes i know draft picks are a crap shot....but we needed to hit on these.  Such a small margin of error with this team trying to both rebuild the farm and content during Trouts prime years.  The Wilson pick was extra bad.  But even the good picks are still TBD -- who knows if Adams, Adell, Detmers or even his picks outside the 1st round will become anything.  The shine is finally starting to come off of Eppler for me.  I hope it's temporary and we turn this thing around.   

3 hours ago, Fourts said:

Did Eppler draft Thaiss?  It's pretty apparent now that Thaiss as a #16 OA draft pick has not panned out at all and was a bad pick.  I was surprised (& disappointed) at his selection on draft day and it's turned out to be a rare correct assessment.  This along with the unmitigated disaster of last year's Will Wilson pick at 15...just bad.  

I am a fan of Eppler and he had a huge mountain to climb rebuilding the LAA organization from the bottom up after bonehead's destruction.  But missing so badly on good 1st round picks just can't happen.  Yes i know draft picks are a crap shot....but we needed to hit on these.  Such a small margin of error with this team trying to both rebuild the farm and content during Trouts prime years.  The Wilson pick was extra bad.  But even the good picks are still TBD -- who knows if Adams, Adell, Detmers or even his picks outside the 1st round will become anything.  The shine is finally starting to come off of Eppler for me.  I hope it's temporary and we turn this thing around.   

This is correct, Billy did draft Thaiss. But thaiss was  more of an underslot pick, that allowed us to sign Marsh, Williams, Rodriguez, Dunensing and few others. Looking back at the draft, i would difinetly have taken other picks, but with this proach we were able to get Marsh and Rodriguez.