• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Great.....  Now they actually know that's my nickname instead of thinking it as just a bad joke....     Thanks a lot, Spicey C.

I miss writing my poetry, especially to torment M’s fans.

An update today from Baseball America on the Angels new top 10! 

STATE OF THE SYSTEM

The Angels have loaded up on premium high school athletes in the draft in recent years with the selections of Adell, Marsh, Adams, Jackson and Paris. The progressions of Adell and Marsh have given the Angels two of their best homegrown prospects in some time, and the franchise hopes to replicate that process with Adams, Jackson and others.

1. Jo Adell, OF

Adell showed big power and made hard contact against major league pitchers throughout summer camp. He is nearly ready for the majors, but the Angels want him to get a few more reps against high-quality secondary pitches before they bring him up for his debut.

2. Brandon Marsh, OF

Marsh was delayed arriving at summer camp, but he joined the team on July 14 and is fully healthy. The superb athlete has impressed the Angels with his polish on defense, on the bases and in his approach, and now the next step is seeing how last year’s swing changes hold up against advanced pitching.

3. Reid Detmers, LHP

The Angels locked on to the Louisville lefthander early in the draft process and didn’t hesitate to take him with the 10th overall pick. His mature demeanor, wipeout curveball and pristine control have him in position to rise through the organization quickly.

4. Jordyn Adams, OF

Adams received a lot of playing time on defense in big league intrasquad games during summer camp. A lean, speedy athlete with a keen eye for the strike zone, his main goal at the alternate site camp this year will be to add strength so he can make better quality contact at the plate.

5. Jeremiah Jackson, SS

Jackson tied the Rookie-level Pioneer League record with 23 home runs last season, but also struck out 33 percent of the time. He was not included in the Angels player pool, so he’s working out on his own at home to cut down on his strikeouts and add polish to his offensive game.

6. Chris Rodriguez, RHP

Rodriguez has fully recovered from last year’s back surgery and averaged 98 mph on his fastball while commanding three secondaries in his first intrasquad appearance. His stuff is electrifying, but he’s pitched only 9.1 innings combined the last two years and will spend the season at the alternate training site building up his endurance.

7. Patrick Sandoval, LHP

Sandoval tested positive for COVID-19 and did not rejoin the team until July 9. Even with the delay, the Angels plan to have him in their rotation at some point this season after he showed the stuff to succeed in his major league debut last year.

8. Arol Vera, SS

The Angels’ top 2019 international signee remained in Arizona through the shutdown and has been working out when possible. The Angels are excited not only about his athleticism and ability to hit the ball hard from both sides of the plate, but also his advanced polish and skill level for a 17-year-old.

9. Hector Yan, LHP

Yan led the Angels system with 148 strikeouts last year and was added to the 40-man roster in the offseason. He impressed in intrasquads with his ability to draw weak contact with his fastball and slider out of a funky arm slot, and he will continue to try and refine his command at the Angels’ alternate training site this year.

10. Kyren Paris, SS

Paris has been working out aggressively at home during the shutdown and has made significant physical strength gains. He is not part of the Angels’ player pool, so he will continue his development on his own for now.

17 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So....

How fat has Kevin Maitan gotten during this lockdown??

Anyone see or hear anything?

I was curious that Suarez isn’t on the list, but Sandoval still is.  I don’t disagree with it, but it isn’t like Suarez is off the list because he pitched last year.  If that was the case then Sandoval wouldn’t be there.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I was curious that Suarez isn’t on the list, but Sandoval still is.  I don’t disagree with it, but it isn’t like Suarez is off the list because he pitched last year.  If that was the case then Sandoval wouldn’t be there.  

IP totals....  Suarez threw 81 innings...  So he's technically not a prospect.   Sandoval missed the cutoff by 1/3 of an inning.....  

So, future prospect rankings won't even consider Suarez.  

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

IP totals....  Suarez threw 81 innings...  So he's technically not a prospect.   Sandoval missed the cutoff by 1/3 of an inning.....  

So, future prospect rankings won't even consider Suarez.  

Yea, I guess that makes sense.  I have no idea if Suarez is better than what we saw, but we also know he isn’t a finished product.  

Top prospects, teenagers basically, are really just at home on their own?!?  Did i miss something about that.  That's not how i would want my prime future business assets.  Especially such young guys.  Older vets know how to eat properly, work out, etc.  But guys 16-19 years old -- I don't trust their judgement.  I'd want my top guys in AZ working out and developing their talent with coaches.  Seriously Is that really a thing?  I sure hope that was an incorrect statement by BA.   

57 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How soon do they go down from 30 man roster?

Found this:

How many players will actually be eligible to play each day?

When the season opens on July 23 or 24, teams will submit rosters of up to 30 players, with a minimum of 25. Two weeks later, those rosters will be trimmed to 28, then to 26 two weeks after that. Once teams are limited to a 26-man roster, they will be permitted to add a 27th player for doubleheaders.