• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

Denzer Guzman

Denzer Guzman

Dominican RepublicSS
Notes:

Born: Feb. 8, 2004. B-T: R-R. Ht.: 6-2. Wt.: 178.

Report: Last year the Angels' top international signing was Arol Vera, a physical, switch-hitting shortstop from Venezuela. Their top target in 2020 is Guzman, another physical, offensive-oriented shortstop with a bonus expected to be around $2 million. Guzman makes a lot of contact against live pitching with a loose, easy swing, with the bat speed and physical projection to grow into considerable power as well. His strong arm should play on the left side of the infield, though his defense might fit better at third base.

Willy Fanas

Willy Fañas

Dominican RepublicOF
Notes:

Born: Jan. 23, 2004. B-T: B-R. Ht.: 6-2. Wt.: 185.

Report: The Angels' 2020 international class looks to be centered around two Dominican prospects. One is Denzer Guzman, an offensive-minded shortstop. The other is Fañas, who trains with Felo and is expected to sign in the $1.5 to $2 million area. Fañas doesn't have Guzman's polished swing and pure hitting ability, but he's an athletic, physical outfielder with good bat speed from both sides of the plate, a chance to grow into 20-plus home run power and a solid sense for the strike zone for his age. He's a solid-average runner with a chance to stay in center field depending on how his speed and body develop the next few years.

LESS 

20 hours ago, Fourts said:

Of course a SS and OF -- and no Ps.  Whouda guess that?!?

If they are the two best players that fit into the Angels International Bonus Pool cap, then I am perfectly fine with the choices. It is not about grabbing a specific position but grabbing the best overall player that maximizes the odds that the player will actually develop into a Major League asset. You can always trade extra SS's and OF's for a pitcher.

Oh i agree -- you should always go for the best player over specific needs.  Especially with such young guys that are in the int'l group.  At that age, spending big on Ps too risky.  Plenty of big time int'l Ps that went for small amounts....and plenty high costs busts.  So i personally agree with that approach on the int'l front.  It's just funny when combined with our annual drafts and the FA.   Having said all that, i am desperately hoping we go SP with our #1 pick in the upcoming draft (but first & foremost is best player).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I really hope we can get Max Meyers or take a chance with either Abel of Kelley. 

100% -- any pitcher....i don't care what his age is or where he comes from....just a pitcher please....please.  Especially since we don't have a 2nd round pick.  My draft dreams are 1, 3, 4 & 5 all Ps.  

Honestly though, i'm resigned to the fact that they will select a non-pitcher.  So a HS OF is what i'm fully expecting.  Really, it could be worse, like last year.  I still have no idea what the heck that 1st round pick was -- and then dumping him so quickly.  Whole thing sucked.  So a HS OF -- i'll take it.