• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

15 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

really looking forward to seeing Vera, alot of people are high on him.

also, who is this Sadrac Franco kid? any reports? he might have had the biggest jump in our system.From a no name to a top 30.

mid to high 90's.  good breaking pitch. very raw.  small guy but a bit to dream on if he can figure it out.  

I subscribe to BA and have a few thoughts on the rankings. 

1. We have a lot of young pitchers with a tone of upside.  Guys like Aquino, Franco, Pina, Soriano (besides his TJ but he'll be back), Yan, Koch, Holmes, and Rivera.  It should be interesting to watch their development. 

2. I am still surprised that Ortega was not drafted in the rule 5 draft.  When he wasn't, I figured there was something about him that wasn't made public yet.  Apparently BA doesn't know either. 

3. I am surprised Jose Rodriguez (and Matt Ball to a lesser extent) made the list.  Are either more project-able than Trent Deveaux or Davis Daniel?  

4. I thought Aaron Hernandez would be a bit higher, and although I believe Orlando should be on the list I do not think he's the 18th best prospect. 

5. There is a clear bias towards fringe guys in AA or AAA than really high upside raw guys in low single A.  

3 hours ago, tchula said:

I subscribe to BA and have a few thoughts on the rankings. 

1. We have a lot of young pitchers with a tone of upside.  Guys like Aquino, Franco, Pina, Soriano (besides his TJ but he'll be back), Yan, Koch, Holmes, and Rivera.  It should be interesting to watch their development. 

2. I am still surprised that Ortega was not drafted in the rule 5 draft.  When he wasn't, I figured there was something about him that wasn't made public yet.  Apparently BA doesn't know either. 

3. I am surprised Jose Rodriguez (and Matt Ball to a lesser extent) made the list.  Are either more project-able than Trent Deveaux or Davis Daniel?  

4. I thought Aaron Hernandez would be a bit higher, and although I believe Orlando should be on the list I do not think he's the 18th best prospect. 

5. There is a clear bias towards fringe guys in AA or AAA than really high upside raw guys in low single A.  

1.  Hopefully this is the Angel's farm system 'year of the pitcher'.  Wasn't a good start with Soriano going down but could be a big jump this year from some of the higher ceiling guys.  Another sleeper to watch as he should be back from TJS is John Swanda.  

2.  Not surprised he wasn't selected.  spent the almost the entire year in A+ and then got hit hard in his short stint at AA.  He missed 2017 but showed promise before that and after coming back in 2018.  I thought 2019 was a breakout for him but it only kinda was and kinda wasn't.  Apparently he was hitting upper 90's with the FB and has a really good curve.  

3.  Yeah.  both being on there is a head scratcher.  

4.  Same here about Hernandez.  Thought his impressive AFL performance would have moved him into the mid teens.  I'm more of a fan of Martinez than most.  I really like his swing and he added some additional loft last year which resulted in more XBH.  Something his first couple years were lacking.  I'm hoping there is one more level of pop for him even though early reports were that he didn't have much raw power.  Can play any OF position.  I just like his overall ability to hit and how that translates.  So 18th isn't a huge stretch from my vantage.  

5.  I think we've seen this be all over the place depending on the publication.  A couple sources really like what we've pulled out of Latin America lately.  BA tends to go safe in that regard.  You're more likely to be right by focusing on what guys have done at the upper levels.  That mentioned, they seem to like Vera (as do most other national pubs) and have him a lot more highly ranked than we did around this place.  My guess is that he'll move up on our lists pretty substantially this year.  Seems destined to be in the top 100 fairly soon.  

I was hoping that some of the younger guys would have taken a bigger step forward last year yet I didn't factor in that the Halos push their guys up so quickly that the numbers aren't always going to look very good.   I wonder if their mentality on doing that will change a little one the current crop starts to fill out A+/AA some.  

8 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

I read a lot of good reviews on Kochanowicz last year any updates or predictions on his progression and where y’all see him end up finishing this season?

haven't heard anything new or different since camp started.  He's 19 so probably Orem all year with a possible move to A ball toward the end if he's doing well.  They might get a little more aggressive with him like they did with Rodriguez and Suarez though.  I think if all goes well, his big moving year will be 2021.  At or near the top of my list for guys I'm most excited to see in 2020.  

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

haven't heard anything new or different since camp started.  He's 19 so probably Orem all year with a possible move to A ball toward the end if he's doing well.  They might get a little more aggressive with him like they did with Rodriguez and Suarez though.  I think if all goes well, his big moving year will be 2021.  At or near the top of my list for guys I'm most excited to see in 2020.  

I appreciate the info Doc thank you! He’s one of my most exciting prospects to watch this year as well. Have high hopes for him!!

From what i have gathered about Koch, is that at this point of his career, he's more off a command guy than stuff.  Don't get me wrong, the stuff is still there and probably has one of the best/better stuff in the system. But, i've read a few articles, that have stated him having above-average to plus command which is really good for a guy his size. The stuff will get there, he's have a plus Fb and Breaking ball and at-least an average (or batter change). There were also reports of him being an 1st round pick, but do playing in the east with the rain, scouts weren't able to see him much. 

Currently from what i have gather, i would place him in a tier below Crod, next to Soriano. 

10 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

From what i have gathered about Koch, is that at this point of his career, he's more off a command guy than stuff.  Don't get me wrong, the stuff is still there and probably has one of the best/better stuff in the system. But, i've read a few articles, that have stated him having above-average to plus command which is really good for a guy his size. The stuff will get there, he's have a plus Fb and Breaking ball and at-least an average (or batter change). There were also reports of him being an 1st round pick, but do playing in the east with the rain, scouts weren't able to see him much. 

Currently from what i have gather, i would place him in a tier below Crod, next to Soriano. 

You just never know though, with back East HS guys.   A certain #27 vouches for that.

Command coming out of HS is something to be very thankful for, especially from someone 6-6.

Edited by Angel Oracle