• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I think your right.  My doubt lies with the lockdown bullpen.  I think our own is solid but not good enough to make up for a mediocre starters

That's a fair opinion and you may be right. I think the pen is fine. We have a ton of depth and options to go through not to mention the back end being Buttrey, Middleton, and Robles.

I think it will be a strength this year, actually.

28 minutes ago, RBM said:

Typo. I meant Taylor Ward. He played parts of six games at 1B in SLC last year and I haven’t heard they are moving him to 1B. 

Well there is no reason in my mind he couldn't play at the position. They have been trying to move him around 3B and the corner outfield spots to give him more utility so that his bat can play so why not 1B, even though he doesn't have much experience at that position? It increases his utility and could give him a spot to play at in the Majors for the Angels? I like his bat potential if he can pull up his Minor League numbers to the Majors, particularly that OBP. I mean honestly (and I am not pointing at you here) if we are saying "move Upton or Marsh to 1B" then why not Ward?

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I think his release is a bit more violent but otherwise I see what you're saying. 

He's got a fast arm action but that's not a very violent release, it just looks different when you see it coming at you vs the usual view from the C.F. camera.  If you look up Jake Peavy from both front and back you'll see what I mean and get an idea of what a really violent release looks like.  K-Rod is another.

The sick part with C-Rod is that he maintains the same arm action on all his pitches.  So like GR, he's a bit deceptive with his delivery.

7 hours ago, RBM said:

My point is that I have not heard anything about Ward playing 1B in ST.

Have you?

I think they have plenty of options to back up Pujols - Thaiss, Walsh, La Stella.

I would be very surprised if Ward is added to that group. 

No I have not heard directly that he is being groomed or tried out at 1B, it is just a suggestion that I think Ward is capable of performing and a route to actual playing time in the Majors.

Just now, RBM said:

Got it. I agree.

I think he could play 1B for a team. He's a catcher, moved to 3B and corner OF - he can most likely handle 1B at an MLB level. It feels like to me his best chance at becoming an MLB contributor is with another team. He's kind of stuck in the redundancies the Angels have with their AAA/AAAA players.

Yeah maybe on the latter. Honestly I really would like to see the Angels give him a chance in the Majors, I think he can hit but what do I know.

43 minutes ago, ettin said:

Look at that Stiward Aquino ranking, wow! That is awfully aggressive! Who would've thought?

seems like alot of people are High on him. remember looking thru a few top 10s for us and he was in the top ten on 2 of them.

Also looking forward to Yan, he also climbed alot.

Sucks that Soriano had TJ, but alot of young pitching talent with high upside.

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I can't find Soriano anywhere. I keep looking through the bottom 10 but he's not listed.

Number 7... unless he the wrong Soriano.

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

seems like alot of people are High on him. remember looking thru a few top 10s for us and he was in the top ten on 2 of them.

Also looking forward to Yan, he also climbed alot.

Sucks that Soriano had TJ, but alot of young pitching talent with high upside.

Number 7... unless he the wrong Soriano.

I was making a joke about ettin's Soriano ranking for AW.