• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Chuck

25 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Baseball America has us at 16 for their org rankings.  Somehow the Mariners are 5th. 

the top of their system is very good.  just goes to show what's most important in these types of rankings.  Halos have more depth and upside in the lower level.  In a year or two this system will be top 10.  

Just a reminder that across the upper Minors (AAA/AA), the Angels had three hitters in the Top 30 of all Qualified prospects/players:

Capture.JPG

Jared Walsh at #4, Taylor Ward at #19, and Brandon Marsh at #30, all sorted by wRC+ which is park-adjusted (and League-adjusted).

Point being is that I am high on all three of these guys and think they all have the potential to possibly impact our 2020 season, probably in the order listed.

Even if just one of them makes an impact this year it will be gravy for our season. Can you imagine Walsh (or even Ward) stepping into the 1B role, for a majority of playing time, hitting .800+ OPS? Or providing .350+ OBP? Would be a great boost to the squad even if it is for a small part of the season.

20 hours ago, ettin said:

Just a reminder that across the upper Minors (AAA/AA), the Angels had three hitters in the Top 30 of all Qualified prospects/players:

Capture.JPG

Jared Walsh at #4, Taylor Ward at #19, and Brandon Marsh at #30, all sorted by wRC+ which is park-adjusted (and League-adjusted).

Point being is that I am high on all three of these guys and think they all have the potential to possibly impact our 2020 season, probably in the order listed.

Even if just one of them makes an impact this year it will be gravy for our season. Can you imagine Walsh (or even Ward) stepping into the 1B role, for a majority of playing time, hitting .800+ OPS? Or providing .350+ OBP? Would be a great boost to the squad even if it is for a small part of the season.

Impact play from Walsh, Thaiss, or Ward would bring our offense to another level.  

Add mediocre starting pitching and a lockdown bullpen.....ok..wishful thinking!

11 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Impact play from Walsh, Thaiss, or Ward would bring our offense to another level.  

Add mediocre starting pitching and a lockdown bullpen.....ok..wishful thinking!

I think the starting pitching is gonna surprise a lot of people. I don't think they'll be good, but there's no reason they can't be average.

4 minutes ago, RBM said:

I haven't seen anything about Walsh trying 1B in ST.

In five minor league seasons he's played parts of six games at 1B.

I think you need to go back and look at his GS at 1B. He has averaged close to 70 GS per season at 1B dating back to 2015.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I think the starting pitching is gonna surprise a lot of people. I don't think they'll be good, but there's no reason they can't be average.

I think your right.  My doubt lies with the lockdown bullpen.  I think our own is solid but not good enough to make up for a mediocre starters