• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sign Alex Wood or Trade Prospects for a Starting Pitcher?

Chuck

Sign Alex Wood or trade prospects for a starting pitcher?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Sign a FA or Trade Prospects for a legit arm?

• Sign Alex Wood?
    • Trade anyone but Jo Adell for a good top of the rotation starter?

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You know who may be a good buy low candidate with a bit of upside.  Freddy Peralta...   Dude is slated for the pen again, had an ugly year ERA wise last season and like everyone else in MLB he struggled with the long ball.  But that K/9 rate is pretty nifty, the career FIP under 4.00 (4.18 last year) is not bad and he is still only 24 with 5 years of control.

Not really familiar with the Brewers front office, not sure what they value or how saber inclined their decision makers are ..  But he's someone I'd kick the tires on.

I don’t see it personally, the Brewers have a ton of question marks in the rotation again, and are still planning to compete, I don’t see them moving on from someone like Peralta who had flashes of being a solid starter in 2018, for anything short of an overpayment

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Wood seemed like a good buy low candidate. Sorry to see the Angels miss out on him. 

Dinelson Lamet. Padres don't want to trade pitching, but if you offer them a package around Jordyn Adams or Brandon Marsh and I think they'd whistle a different tune.

I’m not sure about that, the Padres have a lot of OF themselves and still have top prospects like Trammell in the minors

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

I’m not sure about that, the Padres have a lot of OF themselves and still have top prospects like Trammell in the minors

Yeah, we'll see. Pham was a good pickup, but being him, there's a lot of uncertainty. Will Margot hit enough? Can Franchy get on base? Naylor really can't play the field as a young rookie, it won't get better as he ages. Grisham hurting the ball is still a very new concept for him. We'll see if it carries over. Trammell wasn't very good in AA.

Oddly enough, Marsh may be the surest option among all of them long term. Performed very well at AA, was in the MVP discussion in the AFL. Great defender, great plate discipline, great speed, power and athleticism. Headed to AAA, should be ready soon. Power figures to come into play more soon.

14 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I don’t see it personally, the Brewers have a ton of question marks in the rotation again, and are still planning to compete, I don’t see them moving on from someone like Peralta who had flashes of being a solid starter in 2018, for anything short of an overpayment

Like I said, I have no idea how the Brewers front office thinks or operates, I wouldn't punt on him if I were them but I also don't put a lot of stock in raw ERA . 

Just saying he's a guy I'd be interested in.