• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy New Year AngelsWin.com!!

Chuck

What has been your favorite AngelsWin.com moment whether in a post, an entire thread or event that you've attended over the past decade?

Secondly, what has been your favorite moment in Angels Baseball over the past decade?

I'll post mine later this morning. Good night ya'll. Happy New Year!

Here's to an amazing next decade of Angels Baseball and the times we spend together over the next 10 years at AngelsWin.com.

Celebrate New Year GIF by Nora Fikse

Happy New Year!

My Favorite moment was hearing that Trout signed through 2030, basically a lifetime contract.

My Favorite event was the 2013 Spring Fanfest.  The dinner was great.  The sports writers Q & A was really well done.  Jerry gave a good talk (even though it turned out that his actions didn't match up with his words).  The Tim Mead Sunday morning talk was also fun.  We had Pujols, Trout, Hamilton and Trumbo, and the world looked rosy.

Favorite AW moment: probably the number of racist jokes about Ohtani before he decided to join the Angels.

(I am also tempted to select a couple of weeks ago when the new guy flipped out when @Lou said he didn't want the Angels to acquire J.A. Happ, culminating in the new guy claiming he loves Mike Trout but hopes Trout never wins a single playoff game because of Lou's message board comments. That was comedy gold. But it might also be recency bias.) 

Favorite Angels moment: Mike Trout climbing the wall to rob Jesus Montero in September '15. I am not exaggerating when I say I have watched that clip more than 100 times in the last four years. 

Honorable mention: Trumbo's monster shot at Oakland in '13, the longest home run I have ever seen. The "bow-and-arrow rally" against Rodney. Trout's walkoff on 4th of July '14. Trout's 5-for-5 night at Yankee Stadium in May '18. Simba's acrobatic tag of Segura at 3rd in April '17. Vernon Wells jumping into the left field stands to go after Ian Kinsler's home run even though Wells wasn't within 20 feet of the ball. 

Happy New Year AW!

Favorite moments are tough over the period of a decade.  On the board obviously a few big things happened with the signing of Albert, the signing of Ohtani and extension for Trout.  Those all created some awesome days on here.  The tragedy of Skaggs passing and the subsequent first home game afterwards.  The shit storm that was the board when Dipoto quit with even myself blaming Scioscia, then realizing it was absolutely for the best.  I really can’t pick one board moment.  

Off the board it was Fanfest 2014.  Dipoto was awesome.  He shared that even though Blanton didn’t pitch to expectations that he was still a human being and didn’t deserve the hatred he received.  That was also the night where Dipoto used the phrase Rondons up on stage which made me smile.  On top of that we raised a few thousand dollars and @Chuckster70 was kind enough to allow me to get up on stage and present the final numbers on what we have received as the fundraising part of the night.  If I am not mistaken that was the same trip where I had heard that Big Joe McDonald had passed away and I ended up being the one that told Chuck as he hadn’t heard yet.  It hit Chuck hard as he knew him, where I didn’t.  

When I think of the moments off the board, which don’t really happen that often anymore that is when I realize how special this place is.  It isn’t just a message board, but in its prime we were a place that did charitable acts to try to make a difference.  The softball games to help out the Miracle League of OC or the Fanfest with the raffles, it was about giving back.  I am hoping when the Angels become a little more relevant we can get back to doing these things again.  

Happy New Year!

My favorite halos memory is just a culmination of all things Mike Trout.  We are so lucky to get to watch his greatness day in and day out.  That sounds overblown, but is absolutely true.

Board related. I love this place for several reasons.  I read everything team related, but tend to post more in the hangout forum.  DR has given us some beauties over the years.  Still, i have to go with the epic thread after the guy violated his table.  

My favorite moment in Angels history is the last out of the 2002 World Series.

What an exhilarating feeling to actually know that our beloved Angels won the World Series.

I have been a fan of the Angels since the mid 60's and with all the frustrations the team has gone through and to actually see them reach the pinnacle was amazing.

Happy New Year peeps. The past decade was pure fun. The game day threads were epic. What’s happening in tdawg’s bunk is always a hoot. Lou’s “I agree” never gets old. Baghdad Strad’s policing and posting 24/7 while driving an in-n-out truck is always entertaining. The Primers, AJ’s and Doc’s analysis coupled with Second Base is a great resource. Cals is always funny as hell. Blarg is nuts but we love him. Fletcher, Mead, players and even Arte himself spending time at the fanfest truly validates Angelswin as a community. Thank you @Chuckster70 for making this place the best place to be win or lose. 

Happy new year to all!!!

It was a tough decade for the Halos but having AW around for all of us to commiserate and discuss one of my favorite subjects definitely keeps things more fun and interesting.  Thank you to @Chuckster70 for making that happen!!

My favorite part about the last decade of Angels baseball is Mike Trout.  His play on the field and if I had to pick one thing, it would be when he signed the extension.  To know that one of the greatest players in the history of baseball will be an Angel for life is amazing.  

Asking me my favorite AW moment for the last decade is like asking me my favorite moment from my family during that time.  Everyday is different and can be amazing if you look for it.  

I could go the easy route and pick a heroic moment in Angels baseball, but one that sticks with me was when Jeff Mathis was catching for the Angels, the runner was stealing second and Mathis threw to first. The first baseman just stood there and caught the ball without moving, and his body language said "What in the hell are you doing?"

I seldom remember specific posts in retrospect, but pretty much anything by tdawg has me rolling. Then there are the trolls who pop in and presume to lecture the regulars about their opinions (me being told "Stop defending Eppler!" was a recent example). I enjoy the discussion here, and even the differences of opinion, but I get a chuckle out of the people who are totally convinced that you are wrong unless you agree with them, no matter how uninformed their opinions are.

Hmmm... Events eh?

Well definitely one that is selfishly important to me was the off-season signing of Albert Pujols and C.J. Wilson, only because that was the instigator for me writing my very first article on AW.com, called "Master Stroke", of which the title was so next level genius at the time. 😄

Watching Mike Trout take a nasty breaking ball on the lower outside corner, from Chris Sale, and puttin' a Grand Salami on it was heartwarming as well as Mike's defining catch in Baltimore at the CF fence, he will never be boring to me.

On a side note, I never truly realized how important defense is until watching Simmons over these last handful of years. He has really made me come to appreciate the art of it (and I truly mean that he is an artist out there in the field) and I am thankful for being able to witness him in action.

Ultimately I am thankful for this outlet, I enjoy writing in the off-season about Angels baseball even though I get long-winded about it in my actual words. There is a certain joy involved with it and I hope that some of you get a little bit of value out of the words because I really do like diving into the details and discovering information that wasn't readily apparent at the surface.

I hope all of you (yes all of you) have a great, prosperous and Happy 2020! 2019 was a good year insofar that it reminded me that you have to be the best and happiest version of yourself and that means trying to actively be your best in your personal (physical and mental health) and professional lives! So if you are not trying to be your best, start taking the steps necessary to be your best, you deserve to be happy and it all starts with taking a small step and loving yourself first (not that @tdawg87!!!!)!

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Happy New Year AW!

Favorite moments are tough over the period of a decade.  On the board obviously a few big things happened with the signing of Albert, the signing of Ohtani and extension for Trout.  Those all created some awesome days on here.  The tragedy of Skaggs passing and the subsequent first home game afterwards.  The shit storm that was the board when Dipoto quit with even myself blaming Scioscia, then realizing it was absolutely for the best.  I really can’t pick one board moment.  

Off the board it was Fanfest 2014.  Dipoto was awesome.  He shared that even though Blanton didn’t pitch to expectations that he was still a human being and didn’t deserve the hatred he received.  That was also the night where Dipoto used the phrase Rondons up on stage which made me smile.  On top of that we raised a few thousand dollars and @Chuckster70 was kind enough to allow me to get up on stage and present the final numbers on what we have received as the fundraising part of the night.  If I am not mistaken that was the same trip where I had heard that Big Joe McDonald had passed away and I ended up being the one that told Chuck as he hadn’t heard yet.  It hit Chuck hard as he knew him, where I didn’t.  

When I think of the moments off the board, which don’t really happen that often anymore that is when I realize how special this place is.  It isn’t just a message board, but in its prime we were a place that did charitable acts to try to make a difference.  The softball games to help out the Miracle League of OC or the Fanfest with the raffles, it was about giving back.  I am hoping when the Angels become a little more relevant we can get back to doing these things again.  

@Chuckster70 @Dave Saltzer @Spirit Why wait? We are about to come back into relevance in 2020 anyway? It is a new decade, yes? 😄 Take the small step I talked about above and have a Spring Training weekend get together (doesn't even have to be held in a hotel conference room or be super "officially")? Or a tailgate party in the Summer? I'd be down for all and I still have never been to an Angels Spring Training game so I am ready!

Being a newer member to AW, I haven't been able to attend an AW event in person just yet.  There are too many memorable posts in my short career here to name, but what I really love about the site is the knowledge of the writers and posters here.  This isn't just your typical fan site, this is a site where a fan can sit back and read posts from people on the inside who have insight and knowledge on the inside, and not just run-of-the-mill rumor mongering that other sports sites have.  

I love the posts about the farm system, the updates regarding future prospects and prospective prospects, and posters opinions on where this team and organization is headed.  I love the back and forth banter between the more tenured posters on here, especially Stradling and Claude among others.

I think the best experience I've had recently was being present for the combined no hitter after Tyler Skaggs death.  It was just a surreal moment in the aftermath of such a tragic event.  I've also had the pleasure to meet several AW posters in person at Angel Stadium and that's pretty cool also.  I hope to continue meeting new friends and hopefully attend a AW Spring training event or something done during the season at the Big A.

Thank you Chuckster for the time and effort you put in running the site and to the contributing authors and mods who run the site also.  Love being part of it.

Leaving off the fact that, technically speaking, this isn’t properly the end of the decade - got another year for that - just popularly speaking, I’ll throw a few favorites out. 

Around 2011, my brother told me Mike Trout was going to be an insane prospect. Visions of Brandon Wood and Dallas Mcpherson in my head, I said ‘whatever’. 

While not Angels related, Texas blowing it in the WS off of Nelson Cruz’s glove (or not off of it, I forget) was satisfying.

2012, the insanity of Pujols and Wilson. I made a bet with the same brother that Wilson would sign with us and got a free round of golf out of it. Score. 

I think when it really began to sink in just how good Trout is was that night in Baltimore. You know the one. 

Late in the season, there was this game where Trout hit a homer off Detroit and later robbed one the same game. That was cool. 

Seeing that continue every year was cool. The rest of the Angels...eh, not so much. 

Seems like every year apart from Trout has mostly been an exercise in futility. 

Ohtani signing here was monumental. I genuinely didn’t expect it. Once we made the final group, which surprised me, I thought we had a legitimate shot, but still the moment we got the news I went ballistic. We won’t see Ohtani at 100% this year, but I’m looking forward to the return to pitching. Gonna be special.

Still, excited for the last year of the decade (😜) and getting to see Rendon as an Angel.

Looking forward to Maddon, Simmons and Fletcher, Adell hopefully, and return to good times. 

Happy new year, all.

Hard to pick a favorite moment. Trouts rookie year. Trout and trumbo... short lived, but fun times. Lots of individual game moments. But maybe trout forcing the issue in 2012 between old school and new school. His skills aside, he literally changed baseball forever... thats pretty cool.

Favorite board moment. Way too many to pick. Would be hard enough to pick one just from the last month, let alone decade.

@Adam's thread about oakland being like the retard kid at richland that banged all the chicks, and the term "overgrown pork sword" comes to mind, though.

This place is rad because theres an absolute balance between positive posters and negative ones. Serious analysts and dick jokes. Super intelligent posters and clowns.

You people are the family I turn to whenever I take a dump. I hope you all accept that for the compliment it is 

Edited by ten ocho recon scout