• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the most you would trade to land Mike Clevinger?

Chuck

Adell, Marsh, and Sandoval. Maybe Rengifo as a throw in.

I don't want to trade either of Adell or Marsh, but I also don't see the Angels making a competitive offer centered around just Marsh. 

This is why I don't think he's a realistic trade target. I would kill to have him in the rotation but it's just going to cost too much.

1 minute ago, nate said:

Man, that is a lot to give up and leaves the Angels with no depth at SP or MIF.

We have enough major league and minor league depth to cough up Rengifo. 

Losing Soriano, Suarez and Barria would put a dent in our young pitching, but remember we'd still have Canning, Sandoval + Rodriguez, Hernandez and a few others on the farm. 

If they want Fletcher I'd consider it if it meant we only coughed up Adams instead of Marsh and kept Soriano.

32 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Can someone tell  me why the Indians would trade Clevinger, a stud pitcher with two  more years of club control? Especially after they just traded Kluber? And considering that they fully expect to contend in 2020?

It's no secret that they've been shopping him. Who cares what their reason is, they are set as far as pitching is concerned and they don't want to spend $$$.

59 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Adell, Marsh, and Sandoval. Maybe Rengifo as a throw in.

I don't want to trade either of Adell or Marsh, but I also don't see the Angels making a competitive offer centered around just Marsh. 

This is why I don't think he's a realistic trade target. I would kill to have him in the rotation but it's just going to cost too much.

This is way too much in my opinion but I do agree he will cost a lot. Clevinger has three years of arbitration control left so that will get more expensive in years two and three.

That being said, he could command Adell as the centerpiece but not both Adell and Marsh. One or the other plus more. Something like Adell, Sandoval, Knowles, and a fourth prospect (like ranked #20-#30).

Also agree that Clevinger seems like an unrealistic target, not only because of cost but fit too.

Some of these ideas are downright scary to me.
Your talking about 2 or 3 of our top 10 plus a major league 2B and a SP... thats just far too much.  If thats the cost, walk away.
The absolute most i would be willing to do is maybe Marsh/Rengifo and some fringe.  If thats not enough then go another direction.
This isnt an all in on '19 process peeps, stop acting like it is. 

9 minutes ago, floplag said:

Some of these ideas are downright scary to me.
Your talking about 2 or 3 of our top 10 plus a major league 2B and a SP... thats just far too much.  If thats the cost, walk away.
The absolute most i would be willing to do is maybe Marsh/Rengifo and some fringe.  If thats not enough then go another direction.
This isnt an all in on '19 process peeps, stop acting like it is. 

If you want a legit Ace type pitcher with 3 years of control, you're giving up a lot. The Dodgers and Pads can easily make that trade without destroying their farm. We really can't. Hence why he's an unlikely target.

Now @ettin brings up a good point that it may cost Adell, but not Marsh. Cleveland seems to be doing a soft rebuild, so they probably want a top prospect as well as MLB ready talent with club control.

I could see Adell, Sandoval, and Fletcher getting it done but fuck that hurts. You might say "just replace Fletch with Rengifo and maybe that works if they really like Rengifo, but we just don't know exactly what they want.

I see Cleveland as a team that doesn't have to trade Clevinger at all, but will listen on offers in case they get blown away. Now only Cleveland can value the return but I don't consider Marsh, Suarez, Rengifo, and Barria to be "blowing" them away. That's why I am aggressive with trade proposals because generally speaking teams want a lot for pitching.

According to the trade simulator at baseballtradevalues.com, Adell alone has more value than Clevinger, but Marsh has far less. Not sure I really buy their  system, but worth considering.

Here's a mega-trade that I came up with:

Angels get: Clevinger, Lindor

Indians get: Adell, Fletcher, Suarez, Jackson, Walsh

I don't think the Indians do that trade, but that's very  close in value according to that site. I'd do it without losing too much sleep, and then swap Simmons for a catcher.

30 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

It's no secret that they've been shopping him. Who cares what their reason is, they are set as far as pitching is concerned and they don't want to spend $$$.

It’s no secret that teams would like to have him. 

There’s a big difference between that and them “shopping him.” Personally I think the only way he’s available is if they get some stud pitcher with more than 3 years of control back. Like a Chris Paddack or maybe Dustin May or something like that. 

I agree with Fletch. They aren't trading him unless they get uber prospects back. Gavin Lux, Keibert Ruiz, Dustin May top return.

Adell isn't enough and I wouldn't trade him anyway. Even if he is not Juan Soto-lite, it still doesn't make sense to move a guy like Adell at this point, unless it was for a guy like Chris Sale was when the Red Sox acquired him. Clevinger isn't Sale despite his recent ERA.

And his reported issues with the Angels Org, I don't want players who could become distractions. PASS.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

There’s a big difference between that and them “shopping him.” Personally I think the only way he’s available is if they get some stud pitcher with more than 3 years of control back. Like a Chris Paddack or maybe Dustin May or something like that. 

Yeah. While asking for Griffin Canning would be fair, I'm not sure i'd include him in a deal for Clevinger. 

While I have you here @Jeff Fletcher, do the Angels seem pretty high on Patrick Sandoval? I really liked what I saw from him after he got promoted to the big leagues. 

27 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Perhaps shopping him is the wrong word. I was referring to the Indians listening to offers for Clevinger and Lindor.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah. While asking for Griffin Canning would be fair, I'm not sure i'd include him in a deal for Clevinger. 

While I have you here @Jeff Fletcher, do the Angels seem pretty high on Patrick Sandoval? I really liked what I saw from him after he got promoted to the big leagues. 

I think they like him quite a bit. But it could also be because Eppler acquired him, as opposed to Suarez and Barría.