Sign in to follow this  
Trumboner44

What happened to Trumb0ner?

He really fell off after 2016. Played only 12 games last year with Baltimore. I've always been a fan of his and would love to see a comeback season, he'll be 34 entering Spring Training this year. I actually have no idea if he is still with Baltimore or if a free agent.

2016: 47 HR,  108 RBI, .256/.316/.533/.850 (159 G)

2017: 23 HR, 65 RBI, .234/.289/.397.686 (146 G)

2018: 17 HR, 44 RBI, .261/.313/.452/.764 (90 G)

2019: 0 HR, 3 RBI, Rest of the stats don't matter as he played in 12 games in 2019

I hear he's trying the two way thing. If this had been a more credible idea 15-20 years ago, he would've gone much higher in the draft. Used to sit mid-90's and hit 500 foot bombs in BP. 

Now he's in his mid-30's though. I can't imagine he'd be much more than what Jared Walsh is right now, which is a power bat off the bench and an effective mop up reliever.

A lot of times these days, I forget that Trumbo used to played for the Angels. He was awful as a hitter. Never was a fan of his approach at the plate even though I remember he had a big first half in 2012. Another mediocre hitter that was overrated by the fan base, just like Calhoun. 

17 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Maybe it had a small video screen of the catcher's signs transmitted from a garbage can in center field.

More likely he's checking his stock portfolio.

I’ve been to Kauffman many times and that all-star game there a few years back where he participated in the home run derby and was hitting the roof of their Baal of fame shit in left field was absolutely insane. That is so far back and to hit the roof is nuts.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:13 AM, Trumboner44 said:

Did he ever learn to play 3b? Very curious. 

I looked up his fielding stats on Baseball-Reference.com. Apparently not. In his career, he has played a total of 11 games at third base, with nine of those being while he was with the Angels.

Mark Trumbo