• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Dylan Bundy be better than we think?

robblin17

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I think I shared this somewhere but I’ll share it again.  He was a candidate for improvement based on pitch usage.  I don’t remember all the details but his fastball was rated something like the 2nd worst pitch in baseball but his secondary pitches rated out as plus offerings.  So the theory is if he threw those pitches more and the fastball less he could be much more effective.  I believe this is what @Inside Pitch was referring to when he says if Bundy would buy into a change.  In his worst outing he allowed a 3 run homer on a letter high fastball in the first inning.  Since then he’s been really damn good.  In his three starts he’s gotten beat on two pitches and one of those pitches came with no one on base and a 4 run lead. 

Absolutely was and I didn't think he would do it..   

People need to probably temper their expectations, two of his three starts have been .vs a bad M's team that he's always done well against.   But, the fact that he's throwing all his "secondary" pitches more is a great sign and a reason to be optimistic.

After going through some things both on and off the field, it would be great to see him enjoy success.

I could see Bundy topping out around a Dan Haren sort for a few seasons. Nothing overpowering. No stretches of dominance. A solid #2-3 type. Heaney as well. 

If someone like Canning and/or Sandoval could also ascend to something like that this season, and quickly, I still think they will be a good team. 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I could see Bundy topping out around a Dan Haren sort for a few seasons. Nothing overpowering. No stretches of dominance. A solid #2-3 type. Heaney as well. 

If someone like Canning and/or Sandoval could also ascend to something like that this season, and quickly, I still think they will be a good team. 

If only we could get them to shorten the games to 7 innings due to Covid...

3 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

I just want to know how the Angels can get German Marquez away from Coors and the Rockies

There is no way this will happen. Rox know what they have in German. They will not allow him to get away for anything anybody is willing to pay.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:33 AM, Stradling said:

By having the Rockies start to lose a shit ton of games in the next 3 weeks. 

Id rather the rockies win and make the dodgers sweat, than for use to get him, and his arm gets hit by a hang glider and ripped off at the shoulder his first time on the mound at the big A.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Id rather the rockies win and make the dodgers sweat, than for use to get him, and his arm gets hit by a hang glider and ripped off at the shoulder his first time on the mound at the big A.

I’m working on a plan to cover the top of the stadium with a gigantic net to prevent just an event like this. I’ll let you know when we have the details worked out.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Good, good.

Now what about the plan that has hang gliders at chavez ravine?

dude!! we can't talk about this in the open.

delta victor sulu, sector 9.9.7.3 the eagle is in the nest.

55 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Thanks, Eppler!

Now get Teheran to buy in....   

Pitch values so far in 2020

4SeamFB: -2.89
2SeamFB: +5.26
Change:  -8.34
Slider: -6.32
Curve: -1.51

The only pitch with a positive value is his Sinker which he is throwing less often than any time since 2016,  18.4% of the time...   Last year he threw it 22.3% of the time.   

It's obviously still very early but the results are right in line with the previous two years -- his sinker is far and away his best offering.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Now get Teheran to buy in....   

Pitch values so far in 2020

4SeamFB: -2.89
2SeamFB: +5.26
Change:  -8.34
Slider: -6.32
Curve: -1.51

The only pitch with a positive value is his Sinker which he is throwing less often than any time since 2016,  18.4% of the time...   Last year he threw it 22.3% of the time.   

It's obviously still very early but the results are right in line with the previous two years -- his sinker is far and away his best offering.

Feel free to mix in the slider and change, like I would anchovies on a pizza.