• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu to Toronto 4/$80m

totdprods

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I don't know. Most of it has to do with money. Are the Phillies that much closer to the playoffs than the Angels? Are the White Sox? I get the Yankees but they offered him the most money, similar to Stras with the Nationals. Other than those two teams who signed high priced deals with instant contenders?

I don’t either.  The Angels have a solid defensive club and good offense.  Even a decent bullpen with the weakening of the Astros the have a good chance.  

Maybe it is all smoke and mirrors and they’re set on pitching in their mind. 

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

So the Angels offloaded their 1st rd pick to clear $12.7M just to....not actually improve their rotation with any of the top FA arms. Ok then

I think they did so with the intention of adding. Which could still happen, guess.  Also, they got good value for their top draft pick.

Is anyone thinking about how Ryu is leaving pitcher friendly NL west for pitcher nightmare AL East? I’m not sure this will be a great deal for them. I would’ve been happy had he come to the Angels as it’s not an insane contract, but I am skeptical if he’ll succeed in the AL

hopefully Billy can make a fair deal for an ace in a trade! This sucks a little bit though 

9 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I’m gonna say it again.

A big LOL at backing up the Brink trucks for a position player but then become penny pinchers when it comes to the one thing we DESPERATELY needed.

Un-fucking-believable. You can’t make this shit up.

Especially when the one thing you need in a win-and-you’re-in Wild Card game is an ace.

We’re not winning the division, so acquiring that front-end starter should  have been our main priority. 

Trading Wilson definitely seems bad and dumb now.  And it seemed like it was tilting that way before they didn’t get Keuchel or Ryu. 

I honestly don’t care that much about Keuchel and Ryu.  But I really, really dislike trading top ten prospects to save money for one year..... particularly given the Angels situation.  I refuse to believe they’re going to do the Price thing.  It’s so awful that I can’t conceive of them doing it.  So, it looks like it was just to save money.   Not great !

Edited by UndertheHalo

lets play a game of "Remember When . . . "

On 12/16/2019 at 1:10 PM, Angels_Fan said:

No thanks. Teheran isn’t the answer. And Ryu can’t be relied on to stay healthy. 

On 12/16/2019 at 1:40 PM, jchalos89 said:

Ryu is a big nono. If Angels sign Ryu for 4 years, he will spend 2 years on DL.

He's never repeating 2019 season again.

5 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I didnt realize the off-season ended the moment Ryu signed. 

It didn’t it ended when Ryu signed because Eppler completely disregarded the front of the rotation and Need at catcher, and instead decided to sign a 3rd baseman and then acquire a couple back end starter which we already had. WTF IS THIS TEAM DOING

6 minutes ago, Bronson said:

The Rendon signing only made sense if we also went balls out on starting pitching. 

Signing him is starting to look really odd. Almost like a desperate move by Arte to make a big splash after losing out on Cole. 

Not good.

I mean, adding any sort of superstar talent is a good thing. This team lacks impact talent, and has been trying for years to figure out a long-term option at 3B. 

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

It didn’t it ended when Ryu signed because Eppler completely disregarded the front of the rotation and Need at catcher, and instead decided to sign a 3rd baseman and then acquire a couple back end starter which we already had. WTF IS THIS TEAM DOING

Tomorrow he could trade for Gray or Clevinger and nobody will think twice about Ryu.