• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu to Toronto 4/$80m

totdprods

Just now, Kevinb said:

Well he didn't get the $100 mil everyone was projecting. 4 years is too much for Ryu but at $20 mil a year that's not a terrible contract. Eppler had free agency to pick up some pretty good arms, and I don't know how anyone could say that Eppler hasn't been a massive failure in free agency in the pitching department. Now it's up to him to put together a nice trade scenario where we bring back a top of the rotation arm with out giving up the farm. I don't know if he can do it but I am willing to wait till the season begins to see how this all plays out. Not stoked with how the off season has played out so far though. 

How much is Eppler and how much is they don’t want to play for the Angels?   A lot of these pitchers have mileage on them and want to play for an instant contender.  

Toronto excluded.  

so before off season began, Eppler said starting pitching is the team's priority and Arte said he is willing to go over the cap to improve the team and somehow Julio Teheran is the biggest FA starter acquisition this team got.

What a fkin epic market lol

Now Eppler will try to convince Arte about how Ohtani-Teheran-Bundy-Heaney-Canning and bunch of minor leaguers are "strong group" that's capable of being front line pitchers.

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

How much is Eppler and how much is they don’t want to play for the Angels?   A lot of these pitchers have mileage on them and want to play for an instant contender.  

Toronto excluded.  

I don't know. Most of it has to do with money. Are the Phillies that much closer to the playoffs than the Angels? Are the White Sox? I get the Yankees but they offered him the most money, similar to Stras with the Nationals. Other than those two teams who signed high priced deals with instant contenders?

Great job Eppler. Your main goal was to get pitching and you got Bundy and Tehran...and traded away your first round pick from this year to save some cash. Now the only option is to sacrifice some of the farm to upgrade pitching. 

Didn't get a solid catcher either. Unless Eppler pulls a rabbit out of a hat this is a supremely disappointing offseason. 

If he had signed Keuchel or Ryu and traded for a catcher this would be a legit contending team. Instead, in order to get both a front end arm and a catcher they have to mortgage the future. Not happy with the outlook for the team.

Back to the, "if everyone stays healthy and takes a step forward this will be a solid rotation". And "better to save the resources till next year". 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

I am aware. Hence why I said what I said in a post earlier. I am not mad at not getting Ryu. I wasn't too excited about him anyway. 

All-in has many meanings, i cannot believe Eppler isnt planning on doing something else in the final year of his deal, if he doesnt, hes gone, he has to know that.
Im as frustrated as anyone that weve missed out of certain things but i have to believe they have something going that they thought was better.
If they dont, were fucked, its that simple... might as well go get bats and pray we can outscore people

Just now, floplag said:

All-in has many meanings, i cannot believe Eppler isnt planning on doing something else in the final year of his deal, if he doesnt, hes gone, he has to know that.
Im as frustrated as anyone that weve missed out of certain things but i have to believe they have something going that they thought was better.
If they dont, were fucked, its that simple... might as well go get bats and pray we can outscore people

I agree there has to be something lined up that's better. But who knows. Eppler is definitely fired if this team doesn't make the playoffs this year and the way this team makes the playoffs is with better pitching. Right now we don't have what it takes to compete for the division or a WS imo. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve that doesn't include trading Marsh.