• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rate Eppler's Offseason

Rate Eppler's Offseason  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If there are no significant additions

2. 2. Best case scenario

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, jchalos89 said:

If he pulls off a trade to land an ace caliber pitcher without giving up Adell and Canning, I'd say it's an A off season.

If he signs Ryu for less than 3 years (without overpaying of course) or trades for #2,#3 pitcher, maybe B.

If he starts the season with current starting rotation, it is an F cuz Arte and Eppler was well aware of this team's problems in starting rotation and said they will invest to improve it and all they got are Bundy and Teheran.

Technically they did improve but I get your point.

Imagine going into the off-season desperate for pitching and having a high budget and coming away with 0 of the top 6 free agent pitchers.

35 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If you build it we will vote on it.

Dude, funny you mention this. About 10 years plus ago I actually did something similar and it turned into a shit show real quick. I posed the question of who do you dislike on the board and it had a shit ton of views, but you could tell no one wanted to be the first to bite. As soon as that first poster went in the dominoes fell and it started to get personal and I think ended up locked. I think politics were strangely added into the thread.

Good times.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Dude, funny you mention this. About 10 years plus ago I actually did something similar and it turned into a shit show real quick. I posed the question of who do you dislike on the board and it had a shit ton of views, but you could tell no one wanted to be the first to bite. As soon as that first poster went in the dominoes fell and it started to get personal and I think ended up locked. I think politics were strangely added into the thread.

Good times.

I think I remember this.

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Good times.

Chuck is a MAGA fag.

I'm mad about Wheeler in hindsight. Yes he obviously wanted to be in Philly. But I would absolutely be happy with him if Arte threw out an extra $30 million to get him here.

So many options. Obviously we weren't going to get multiple but we should end up with at least 1. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't think a realistic best case scenario has to be an A. Sure anything could happen but we aren't realistically trading for Syndergard and giving up dick for him. Given the moves reasonably available to Eppler, what do you see as the best case scenario?

I guess my question is do we think this offseason is a success or not? My answer to that would still just be maybe. Till the offseason is over I don’t know what this team looks like. Right now though if it ended today I don’t think I’d call this offseason a success. What do you guys think?

Right now, I give him a D.

He's failed to get the necessary pitching, but he has solidified the back end of the rotation and has kept his farm intact. Getting Rendon is big though.

But best scenario, I give him a B. If he gets Ryu, they will have the ace they need, and if they get a solid catcher like Castro or trade for Hedges, they'll be in a good spot. Or maybe they can swing a trade for Price, which could also put them in a good position.

The off-season isn't a failure, it just hasn't been very good is all. But if Eppler acts drastically, it could be fine.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm mad about Wheeler in hindsight. Yes he obviously wanted to be in Philly. But I would absolutely be happy with him if Arte threw out an extra $30 million to get him here.

So many options. Obviously we weren't going to get multiple but we should end up with at least 1. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm pretty bitter about Gibson and Pineda..  I'll wait it out a bit before passing final judgement but those two deals felt like missed opportunities .

This is purely speculation but I think Eppler had a budget amount in mind, of which a majority of it was set aside for Cole. With this budget in mind Wheeler and Grandal take him out on Cole, so he passed. Eppler has been pretty strong about 'finding value' and this had led to him passing up a lot of other guys too. Once Cole signed with the Yankees Eppler had all this money to spend and no legitimately good buys left. That's where Redon comes in. He's been generally considered the best buy of the off season. Eppler could have blown his wad on Bumgarner and Keuchel but that takes him out on Rendon, and they aren't 'value' buys so Eppler passed. With that in mind I seriously doubt he will be in the market for Ryu, unless my theory is completely wrong. 

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Sorry but i really dont know what else to say before Christmas.
Im not happy, but i still have faith hes got a plan.
Ask me again in March, i may have a much more hostile answer if it hasnt come fruition. 

Yes, that pretty much describes how I feel.  Just signing Ryu changes things big time

And of course you can post whatever you’d like.  But when dumb dudes have to get their posts hidden because they ask guys if they suck Eppler’s dick for money of for free, yea it gets hidden. Especially when he asks that of a guy like Brandon who virtually never talks baseball but was calling the cry babies out and not by name.  So yea, now you know the story.  Let me know how sucking off Eppler is related to this thread and then we can consider un-hiding it. 

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And of course you can post whatever you’d like.  But when dumb dudes have to get their posts hidden because they ask guys if they suck Eppler’s dick for money of for free, yea it gets hidden. Especially when he asks that of a guy like Brandon who virtually never talks baseball but was calling the cry babies out and not by name.  So yea, now you know the story.  Let me know how sucking off Eppler is related to this thread and then we can consider un-hiding it. 

Tell me how bitching about people having the audacity to not be satisfied with our pitching is related to this thread