• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Angels Engaging in Talks w/ Ryu and Keuchel

failos

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2019-12-19/angels-engaging-contract-talks-hyun-jin-ryu-dallas-keuchel

The Angels have engaged in multiple conversations with agent Scott Boras about clients Hyun-Jin Ryu and Dallas Keuchel, said people familiar with negotiations for arguably the top remaining free-agent starters. But there is no indication that a deal is imminent. Some eight other teams are also jockeying for the services of Ryu and Keuchel, according to reports.

33 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

She said they'll get $20M/yr. That's a bit overly exaggerated I think. Bumgarner didn't get that. I doubt they'd get that. 

Maybe Ryu, but not Keuchel.    MLBTR predicted 3 years/$39 million for Keuchel and 3 years/$54 million for Ryu.

Oh, and I take back my post about the Halos and ChiSox being the only ones in on Keuchel.    I thought I had seen that somewhere, but it must have just been someone's musings.

If Angels offer $20M+ for Ryu, they better insert a lot of options in his contract. If they aren't putting options and guaranteeing most of money in contract, they better make it less than 3 years.

4+ years mostly guaranteed for Ryu will be disaster for this team sooner or later. His injury history with 32 year old of age makes it impossible to believe that he will be healthy years to come

I don't understand why people thought Bumgarner was on the decline, and an age risk, but Ryu was not.

Bumgarner is 30, was mostly healthy minus a dirt bike accident, and had years of success. Ryu is 33, had almost never been healthy in his Major League career and some of you want to give him $80M?

Though AO, I'd strongly bet that those MLBTR are low on both counts. 3-4 years at 17 for Keuchel, 3-4 years at 19 for Ryu.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

She said they'll get $20M/yr. That's a bit overly exaggerated I think. Bumgarner didn't get that. I doubt they'd get that. 

Bumgarner specifically wanted to play in Arizona and probably took less to go there, so I would be careful basing any other free agent salaries on what he chose to take to be there.

20 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I don't understand why people thought Bumgarner was on the decline, and an age risk, but Ryu was not.

Bumgarner is 30, was mostly healthy minus a dirt bike accident, and had years of success. Ryu is 33, had almost never been healthy in his Major League career and some of you want to give him $80M?

Though AO, I'd strongly bet that those MLBTR are low on both counts. 3-4 years at 17 for Keuchel, 3-4 years at 19 for Ryu.

I don’t think I have seen a single person that isn’t worried about Ryu being an age or injury risk.  

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Keuchel and Ryu are the last two women left at the bar at closing time. We have our beer goggles on but we know it.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying, I think you are being too harsh on those two guys.  

Cole is a 10

Strasburg is a 9.5

Wheeler is an 8

Ryu is a solid 7.5  (I would assume we have all banged a 7)

Keuchel is a 7

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are saying, I think you are being too harsh on those two guys.  

Cole is a 10

Strasburg is a 9.5

Wheeler is an 8

Ryu is a solid 7.5  (I would assume we have all banged a 7)

Keuchel is a 7

Bumgarner has been a 3.5 away from SF, the last two years.