• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did we really have to trade Will Wilson to get Rendon ?

UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, RBM said:

Do you hear of this very often with teams? A situation where a team wants MLB players because they want to win now but instead they ask a team for high end prospects that are not yet ready for the MLB? Therefore changing their direction based on another team’s assets? In my experience in negotiating I never ask for something that is not in line with my goals. 

Well I’d think there would be other ways to pick up a closer and CFer if they did the deal for prospects. 

7 hours ago, RBM said:

Do you hear of this very often with teams? A situation where a team wants MLB players because they want to win now but instead they ask a team for high end prospects that are not yet ready for the MLB? Therefore changing their direction based on another team’s assets? In my experience in negotiating I never ask for something that is not in line with my goals. 

All teams explore multiple ways to get where they want to go all the time. Did you think the Angels would get Rendon 2 weeks ago?

The Indians “goal” is to win, and there are different ways to get there. 

And we don’t know if they preferred the Clase package to a Marsh package. Maybe they’d have rather had the Marsh package, but the Angels wouldn’t give it up. All we know is they preferred the Clase package to what the Angels were willing to give up, and we don’t know what that is. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

All teams explore multiple ways to get where they want to go all the time. Did you think the Angels would get Rendon 2 weeks ago?

The Indians “goal” is to win, and there are different ways to get there. 

And we don’t know if they preferred the Clase package to a Marsh package. Maybe they’d have rather had the Marsh package, but the Angels wouldn’t give it up. All we know is they preferred the Clase package to what the Angels were willing to give up, and we don’t know what that is. 

Hopefully it was a bag of old jock straps that scioscia left in his locker....or can you confirm he took them with him upon his exit?

There is nothing saying that the Indians have to keep what we would have traded them. They may look at them as a traceable assets that they could have used to get what they want. Hell, they could have already had a possible trade partner, in a rebuilding situation, that would have netted them a MLB or MLB ready player.