• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sign Keuchel or Ryu then trade for Kris Bryant

howie

12 minutes ago, howie said:

So if I’m understanding most of you correctly, even if we are able to sign Keuchel or Ryu, you want no part of trading for Kris Bryant, even if we are able to get Upton to waive his no trade?

If you can acquire Bryant without losing Adell while simultaneously shedding Upton, yes, I am in favor of it.

1 hour ago, howie said:

So if I’m understanding most of you correctly, even if we are able to sign Keuchel or Ryu, you want no part of trading for Kris Bryant, even if we are able to get Upton to waive his no trade?

Eric Kay, is that you?

3 hours ago, howie said:

i ❤️ this post.

3 hours ago, howie said:

I think it's more of how unlikely this is. I'd love to have him on the team, but it doesn't make a lot of sense without giving up the farm. I'd prefer to keep the farm, and hope Upton maybe reverts closer to his 2018 numbers (.257/.344/.463/.808 - 30 HR/85 RBI) knowing Adell and Marsh are on the horizon.

3 hours ago, howie said:

Read slowly and carefully: We. Don't. Need. A. Third. Baseman. We. signed. Anthony. Rendon.

Thanks for your attention.

14 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Read slowly and carefully: We. Don't. Need. A. Third. Baseman. We. signed. Anthony. Rendon.

Thanks for your attention.

He’s not just a 3B- he played about 20 games in LF last year along with some games at 1B.  He would play left.  

I like the idea in spirit but it heavily discounts Upton's value. I think we are in a position where we can give Upton the chance to show if he still has it. He's in a position where if he wants another contract (not likely from the Angels but anywhere else) he is going to need to hit. Any difference between what Upton gives us and what Bryant would give us is probably not worth what it will cost in trade and it's likely only for one year.

If Upton was dead weight, then this could work for us, but then who wants to pay $72 mil for dead weight?