• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best 1-2 & 1-2-3 lineups in MLB

Chuck

Best 1-2 punch in Baseball (lineup)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Best 1-2 punch in Baseball (lineup)

• Judge, Stanton
    • Bregman, Springer
    • Rendon, Trout
    • Bellinger, Turner
    • Betts, Martinez
    • Freeman, Acuna
    • Moncada, Jimenez
    • Bryant, Baez
    • Suarez, Moustakas
    • Lindor, Ramirez
    • Bell, Reynolds
    • Alfonso, McNeil
    • Arenado, Story
    • Merrifield, Solar
    • Hiura, Yelich
    • Sano, Kepler
    • Semien, Chapman
    • Harper, Hoskins
    • Machado, Tatis Jr.
    • Vlad Jr., Bichette
  2. 2. Best 1-2-3 punch in Baseball (lineup)

• Judge, Stanton, LeMahieu
    • Bregman, Springer, Altuve
    • Rendon, Trout, Ohtani
    • Bellinger, Turner, Muncy
    • Freeman, Acuna, Albies
    • Bryant, Baez, Rizzo
    • Suarez, Moustakas, Aquino
    • Moncada, Jimenez, Grandal
    • Betts, Martinez, Bogaerts
    • Alfonso, McNeil, Conforto
    • Arenado, Story, Blackmon
    • Bell, Reynolds, Marte
    • Merrifield, Solar, Dozier
    • Hiura, Yelich, Narvaez
    • Sano, Kepler, Garver
    • Lindor, Ramirez, Santana
    • Semien, Chapman, Olson
    • Harper, Hoskins, Realmuto
    • Machado, Tatis Jr., Hosmer
    • Vlad Jr., Bichette, Biggio

I think the main thing to keep in mind is the offense is now sustainable past those two or three spots in the lineup. It can start with a solid leadoff with either Fletcher or LaStella and continue on until you hit the 8th player in the lineup, which will probably be a soft hitting catcher. That is a long string of pressure put on the opposing pitchers unlike the last several seasons without a true leadoff then a quick drop off after Trout. Wjen you can think about Pujols, on the days he hit, will be around 6th, that is truly game changing. 

That will be the difference between the Angels in 2020 and previous seasons. Their offense is going to be continuous instead of waiting for Trout's at bats to change the game.

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think the main thing to keep in mind is the offense is now sustainable past those two or three spots in the lineup. It can start with a solid leadoff with either Fletcher or LaStella and continue on until you hit the 8th player in the lineup, which will probably be a soft hitting catcher. That is a long string of pressure put on the opposing pitchers unlike the last several seasons without a true leadoff then a quick drop off after Trout. Wjen you can think about Pujols, on the days he hit, will be around 6th, that is truly game changing. 

That will be the difference between the Angels in 2020 and previous seasons. Their offense is going to be continuous instead of waiting for Trout's at bats to change the game.

While I agree for the most part, I do feel like the 6-9 will be a black hole again. But honestly, if the 6 hitter is hitting 20 HR and driving in 80 runs then things aren't so bad. Plus Simmons is a better hitter than he showed in 2019.

That's why if Adell comes up I'd like him batting 7th. Takes the pressure off and if he crushes it we have an incredibly balanced lineup.

Edited by tdawg87

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

While I agree for the most part, I do feel like the 6-9 will be a black hole again. But honestly, if the 6 hitter is hitting 20 HR and driving in 80 runs then things aren't so bad. Plus Simmons is a better hitter than he showed in 2019.

That's why if Adell comes up I'd like him batting 7th. Takes the pressure off and if he crushes it we have an incredibly balanced lineup.

Honestly, with Trout, Rendon, Upton, Ohtani sometimes, Fletcher, Simmons, and hopefully La Stella, you don’t need to bat Adell very high on the order. You could bat him 7 or 9 and not feel the need to move him unless he’s knocking the cover off the ball and has legimately earned a top lineup position on a very good offense. 

Checking the last several years individually based on wRC+, 2018 is very close between Trout and Rendon vs. Betts and Martinez (who both had career years; Trout and Rendon were a bit more consistent throughout, although Rendon has been improving throughout). Aside from that, it's clearly Trout and Rendon. 

Combining years, going back to about 2016 through 2019, it's Trout and Rendon vs. basically any other pair. 

Ohtani is trickier. With Trout and Rendon, he'd be over Betts and Martinez with whoever else, probably (Bogaerts or Devers, most likely). It's really close with the Stros. Depends how much the garbage can helped them. I guess you could call that the tiebreaker. The issue with Ohtani, though, is he has less than 800 PA total in the last two seasons. The Yankees would probably be in the mix, too, if any of them could stay healthy. Or the Indians if Ramirez remembers how to play again.

Going forward? I still like Trout and Rendon for at least a couple of years. Ohtani should only improve, too.

Reference vlad, biggio and bichette.

The kdds of becoming an mlb player are slim. The odds of being an mlb star are even slimmer. The odds of making the hall are minuscule.

The odds of being an all star or hall of famer who has a kid thats good enough to make it to the mlb are microscopic. 

The odds of being an all star whos kid makes it to mlb, and is projected to be an all star are 1 in a million.

The odds 3 mlb juniors, who project as all stars.... being on the same team, at the same point in their career....

Crazy. Cool as hell. 

On 12/14/2019 at 6:35 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Reference vlad, biggio and bichette.

The kdds of becoming an mlb player are slim. The odds of being an mlb star are even slimmer. The odds of making the hall are minuscule.

The odds of being an all star or hall of famer who has a kid thats good enough to make it to the mlb are microscopic. 

The odds of being an all star whos kid makes it to mlb, and is projected to be an all star are 1 in a million.

The odds 3 mlb juniors, who project as all stars.... being on the same team, at the same point in their career....

Crazy. Cool as hell. 

I don't know if Biggio has that ceiling, but I really like Bichette.  I saw him in person last year against the dogs (and a handful of his games online) and he is really really good.