• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Anthony Rendon (7 years, $245 million)

mmc

Just now, floplag said:

ok up next, Kuechel, maybe add Madbum... if you cant get a good C in trade bring in Maldy and maybe take a flyer on Puig to keep RF warm till Adell/Marsh are ready.... print playoff tickets

Honestly a rotation of Kuechel, Madbum, Ohtani, Heaney, Bundy and Canning is really fucking good.

Just now, Second Base said:

I know I was completely opposed to this deal earlier, but one of the things that I really do love about Rendon is how quiet his swing is. Doesn't try to hit HR's. He's a professional hitter and much like Trout, his mannerisms don't change, between feast and famine.

Truly lucky to have him.

You know you get excited when you think of the potential of this lineup.

Just now, Second Base said:

I know I was completely opposed to this deal earlier, but one of the things that I really do love about Rendon is how quiet his swing is. Doesn't try to hit HR's. He's a professional hitter and much like Trout, his mannerisms don't change, between feast and famine.

Truly lucky to have him.

It was a very good signing, Scotty. I think he's good for another two or three years of ~7 WAR play, and then when he starts slipping will still retain a ton of value as his bat will likely hold up pretty well. I wouldn't even be surprised if his WAR over the next seven years is greater than Cole's over nine.

Just now, floplag said:

i wouldnt be too shocked to see them bring him back on a lesser deal... at this point id love to see it the D would be perhaps best in league 

No way in hell do you bring him back with Adell ready by May. Goodwin will be the opening day right fielder and then will slide to the 4th OF role. The Angels also have Marsh who could be ready by july, although there’s about a 40% chance he’s traded 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It was a very good signing, Scotty. I think he's good for another two or three years of ~7 WAR play, and then when he starts slipping will still retain a ton of value as his bat will likely hold up pretty well. I wouldn't even be surprised if his WAR over the next seven years is greater than Cole's over nine.

Like most everyone here, I'm an Angels fan. So what, it's not what I would've done. I know when it's time to celebrate, and signing Anthony Rendon, is a time to celebrate!

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

No way in hell do you bring him back with Adell ready by May. Goodwin will be the opening day right fielder and then will slide to the 4th OF role. The Angels also have Marsh who could be ready by july, although there’s about a 40% chance he’s traded 

Youre assuming hes actually ready by May, i havent see n anything to indicate that hes that close.  If the org thinks that true then you are of course right. 

Just now, floplag said:

Youre assuming hes actually ready by May, i havent see n anything to indicate that hes that close.  If the org thinks that true then you are of course right. 

I’m willing to bet that not only will he be ready by May, he will instantly step in and out produce Kole Calhoun.

i don’t usually say such things about young players but this isn’t the average prospect. The other guys in the system have way more question marks

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

With this lineup Adell could bat 8th to start the year and be eased into the lineup and let Goodwin continue to be the 4th outfielder.

I'm stoked about getting Rendon.  Live in the DC area and have watched him for years...he's an incredible 3rd baseman and brings another Trout like approach to hitting...you guys are going to love watching him play.  His presence in the lineup will improve everyone.