• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

Angels are interested in Corey Kluber

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

damn, that was rough.

By the way, having to decide between Fletcher and LaStella is a shit ton better dilemma than between Giavotella and Featherston.

I appreciate the love for Fletcher.  But if Fletcher is part of a package that gets the team what it needs on the mound then you trade Fletcher. 2B isn’t going to be a problem in 2020 with or wit

Posted Images

Fletcher, by far, is the best defensive 2B we have. La Stella is not close in that regard. However, I can see Tommy picking up playing time against RHP, particularly in the DH, 1B, 2B, and RF spots, possibly. Literally, he will be a utility guy as he should be barring injury and even then there might be other players who step up into the Majors before him.

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Jeff Fletcher, off topic for this thread, but any chance youll be putting out a story at some point on how the cole sweepstakes went down?

I assume the FO wont say too much, but maybe timelines or something as to when we moved on?

The more time that passes the more likely they are to talk about it. As of now, Cole hasn’t even officially signed with the Yankees. 

👀

@Jeff Fletcher, if no one else is going to ask you, I will..

What's with the Twitter stuff the other day?  You sent this forum into full hysteria.

There were 7 heart attacks, 241 panic attacks and two episodes of people peeing in their pants.

Edited by True Grich
6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I haven’t read through all this but my understanding is it could be something like Rengifo OR Sandoval, plus Deveaux. Or something along those lines. 

This works for me, though I'd like to keep Sandoval since this org needs as much SP depth possible with their injury histories.

16 minutes ago, True Grich said:

👀

What's with the Twitter stuff the other day?  You sent this forum into full hysteria.

There were 7 heart attacks, 241 panic attacks and two episodes of people peeing in their pants.

You don't like my explanation that he was simply surprised about how much money Cole was getting?

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

👀

Correction: Fletcher didn’t send this forum into hysterics, that was all self-wrought.

20 minutes ago, True Grich said:

👀

One of those peeing his pants was voluntary. 

Tdawg  👀

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Are you out of your frigging mind? That is a trade package for a pitcher much younger with team control. 

You must have chosen to or forgot to read my further posts where I explain that because of less team control and injury, the price is likely reduced to something around Luis Rengifo and Jordyn Adams. Which is still steep.

Edited by Second Base
3 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

It's alarming that Gubicza doesn't know how to spell Maddon.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i may be alone on this, but i'm very skeptical of la stella being good again. i think last year was clearly an outlier season for him and not the norm from this point forward.  i don't think we'll see him be as good as he started off last year any time soon. i hope i'm wrong.

i'd have zero problem moving him in a deal.

You're not alone. I'm skeptical as well. His career year happened to coincide with a juiced/lowered-seam (or whatever excuse MLB wants to use) ball.