• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Donaldson versus Rendon

Glen

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Obviously I think everyone would love Rendon first.  But if the Dogs do a Yank and just go nuts, then Donaldson wouldn't be a bad plan b.  

I read one rumor where the Dogs actually value going after Bumgarder more than Rendon, so that may be an opportunity for us to not get in a big bidding war.

Yeah I’m not worried about the Rangers. If we lose Rendon it’ll be to the Dodgers.

I think if Billy pitches the idea of him batting right behind Trout and in front of Ohtani that’ll be really enticing for him.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Rendon's the better hitter than Donaldson. Hits for power and average and gets on base well. Donaldson's becoming more of a guy who is just a home run guy than just an all around hitter. Donaldson's an elite defensive third basemen but Rendon's pretty good himself. Give Donaldson the slight edge on defense. Although Rendon might struggle in 2020 if he signs with an American League team. A lot of star hitters struggle in their first year in a new league since they get to face a lot of pitchers whom they have never faced before. 

Donaldson's OBP since 2014 is around .380, slightly higher than Rendon's.

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think, as you've been arguing, there is a small difference between the two players. The big advantage to Rendon is that you have the position sewn up for the next 7 years. With Donaldson it's probably 3. The difference in the money is because of that.

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

“Since 2014” probably doesn’t mean much in the year 2020. Donaldson is well past his peak. Rendon is five years younger and at his peak right now. I also still trust him to be better in five years than Donaldson is right now (or close to it).

• 9 months later...