• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

LA Times: Angels' J.B. Shuck, once a castoff, is a solid member of the cast

`

Shuck has fit in incredibly well and I think there's amazing potential with him still being a 4th OF.

Once Bourjos is back, I'd be pretty excited to see this sort of a lineup on days when Hamilton (.219/.283) is sitting. Great run-scoring capability, speed, avg, OBP (besides Aybar and Callaspo to a lesser extent), and still a strong defensive outfield.

1. Bourjos Avg: .313, OBP: .370

2. Trout .298 / .371

3. Pujols .251 / .323

4. Trumbo .272 / .336

5. Kendrick .300 / .339

6. Callaspo .261 / .316

7. Iannetta (or 8) .220 / .369

8. Aybar (or 7) .270 / .288

9. Shuck .292 / .337

You could make the case that Iannetta bats 8th, because then you get 3 players directly ahead of Trout with OBP over .335. I slated him at 7 though, to decrease the affects of his lackluster speed slowing those behind him down.

If you told me six months ago this lineup today would inspire me more than one with Hamilton in it, I'd be pretty sad. Unfortunately, it's the truth at present.

Amazing that this guy didn't get a call up to the worst team in baseball last year. Especially considering that none of their outfielders at the major league level could hit at all.

That's the positive spin. The negative spin is... what did they know that we did not?

Amazing that this guy didn't get a call up to the worst team in baseball last year. Especially considering that none of their outfielders at the major league level could hit at all.

I think JB is a pretty known quantity. 

Plays a corner OF spot with avg defense and no power.  Decent hitter and a good OBP.  Not a ton of upside. 

Houston probably wanted to see what they had in a few other guys where there was more upside and uncertainty.