• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's Rendon + a couple arms or BUST

Chuck

I mean, I will be OK if it's Donaldson and a couple better starting pitchers, but after losing out to Gerrit Cole this team needs to make a BIG SPLASH, but not just for the sake of making a splash, but by adding a 7 WAR player in Rendon. 

I'm of the belief that if we add two of either of these guys (Ryu, Bumgarner, Kluber, Darvish, Teheran, Keuchel, Boyd, Ray, Price) +Rendon, +Adell soon, +Callaway's help with Bundy/Canning/Heaney/Sandoval + having La Stella and Upton for a full season, I think we're a playoff contender from the get go! 

But I will reiterate, this team needs a Rendon for the reasons I mentioned. But not just for making the club better, but get getting fans out to the ballpark and boost the overall team's morale after losing their top target this winter. 

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I mean, I will be OK if it's Donaldson and a couple better starting pitchers, but after losing out to Gerrit Cole this team needs to make a BIG SPLASH, but not just for the sake of making a splash, but by adding a 7 WAR player in Rendon. 

I'm of the belief that if we add two of either of these guys (Ryu, Bumgarner, Kluber, Darvish, Teheran, Keuchel, Boyd, Ray, Price) +Rendon, +Adell soon, +Callaway's help with Bundy/Canning/Heaney/Sandoval + having La Stella and Upton for a full season, I think we're a playoff contender from the get go! 

But I will reiterate, this team needs a Rendon for the reasons I mentioned. But not just for making the club better, but get getting fans out to the ballpark and boost the overall team's morale after losing their top target this winter. 

Thoughts?

I don't think casual fans - AKA "Arte's three million" - know who Redon is. I get the team boost argument though.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I don't think casual fans - AKA "Arte's three million" - know who Redon is. I get the team boost argument though.

Ha.  I was talking to my boss yesterday, who is an Angels fan, and when I mentioned Cole and the prospect of getting him, he didn't know who he is. 

No thanks on Rendon. As we recently learned, "all-in" doesn't actually mean all in, and if the Angels have 50 million to spend, I'd rather they spend it on pitching, rather than vaunting an offense that can already stand on its own.

Eppler has been great with building position player depth on the farm. This isn't a short term need, not a long term need and the depth is there already. 

But pitching.....well let's just say it, he's sucked at developing and had been even worse at acquiring it. 

Let's use that money wisely.

Edited by Second Base

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i think we are going to see marsh and others moved to the cubs. i'm not happy about that. i think it's a bad move.

depending on if something like that happens, if their FA moves are rendon, madbum, then that is interesting. although many here will lose their collective minds over that also.

That's what I'm anticipating too. A series of pretty stupid trades that he never should've made in the first place just too try and make the Angels competitive in 2020 and save his job.

Just now, Second Base said:

No thanks on Rendon. As we recently learned, "all-in" doesn't actually mean all in, and if the Angels have 50 million to spend, is rather they spend it on pitching, rather than veining an offense that can already stand on its own.

Eppler has been great with building position player depth on the farm. This isn't a short term need, not a long term need and the depth is there already. 

But pitching.....well let's just say it, he's sucked at developing and had been even worse at acquiring it. 

No thanks to a 7 WAR 3B for a team trying to be more relevant and a team that hasn’t had a legit 3B in how long?

I guess I forgot that weed is legal now.

Just now, Second Base said:

That's what I'm anticipating too. A series of pretty stupid trades that he never should've made in the first place just too try and make the Angels competitive in 2020 and save his job.

Why?  What’s he done on the trade market to make you feel this way?  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Why?  What’s he done on the trade market to make you feel this way?  

Exactly what I was thinking. If anything, his past suggests we sign like 2 "re-bound" starters that end up cut by July, then make a couple of minor trades for an under-the-radar bullpen arm and a mediocre catcher.

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

I thought about that too, but I hope to think that a good portion of those 3 million fans recognize Rendon from his World Series and post season accomplishments. 

Also, you can boast having two of the best players in baseball as Rendon is right up there with Bellinger/Yelich/Bregman. 

5 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

If we get something like Rendon + Darvish/Contreras Trade + Ryu, I'd be pretty happy actually.

I also half expect us to land an arm that no one is talking about. Something like the Rays trading Blake Snell or something.

This would be the best case scenario and one I'd favor way more than getting Cole and say Wheeler or Ryu alone.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

No thanks on Rendon. As we recently learned, "all-in" doesn't actually mean all in, and if the Angels have 50 million to spend, is rather they spend it on pitching, rather than veining an offense that can already stand on its own.

Uh, Rendon would definitely be in improvement over everyone in our infield except Simmons. I also think he'll make a pretty good 1B over the latter half of this contract, which is definitely a big need.

Not to mention - it's not like having an abundance of Infielders is a bad thing. It would allow us to include Fletcher, La Stella, Rengifo, or even Simmons in a trade for a pitcher.

I hope they are now moving in that direction, and i think it could come down to us vs the Dogs which opens up other options even if we lose.
If they go that direction, we could actually help them and make a play for Tuner and try to get one of young catchers they have a surplus on for example.   There could be some intriguing maneuvering to be had.