• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: What the Halo? Leave Trout in CF!

nate

Thus the purpose of the message board. To ask a lot of people a question and maybe one will know the answer.

Oh, I thought you wanted me to back up the guy's silly claims because of the direct quote. I'll just speak for myself and defend my own intelligence.

Shouldn't we put our superstar in the position he prefers?

NO, you put your players in the position that helps the team win.

Am I the only one here that believes the primary objective of a baseball team is to win the game not pander to their stars?

IMO, Trout is better off in CF. I've seen him make nicer plays out there in Center, seems like he has more of a feel for Center rather than left. It's not COMPLETELY absurd to say that it affects his hitting, it could be a mental thing, the only person who knows is Trout himself ! 

There's no doubt Trout's a once in a generation talent. The anxiety for most Angels fans is pretty obvious... that his move to left may lead to or be part of the reason he leaves Anaheim at some point, which to us would be like the Sawx when they lost Babe Ruth to the Yankees. No Angels fan wants that.

But no player is bigger than the team. And Trout, as young as he is, is a total pro. I doubt he'd put his own interests above the teams'. For me, really there are two questions... 1. Does the young Trout buy into the direction the team is going? and 2. Are they winning? They better be winning... most of the effin time!

All that said... They better also lock him up for good next season. I'd hate to let a kid this special go somewhere else. We've waited too damn long for a player like this to be our guy, not some other team's guy.    

No it's completely absurd

IMO, Trout is better off in CF. I've seen him make nicer plays out there in Center, seems like he has more of a feel for Center rather than left. It's not COMPLETELY absurd to say that it affects his hitting, it could be a mental thing, the only person who knows is Trout himself ! 

You people that think kissing Trouts ass will keep him here are delusional. Money will keep him here. Weaver is a very rare player that put happiness above the almighty dollar. When the Skanks back up the Brinks truck, say goodbye.

Oh good grief the eventually he'll be a Yankee argument again. Trout won't make it to FA before the Angels lock him in long term to a very big contract. 

Mildly?  Because he prefers CF.  He is the best player on our team.  It is never a good idea to make the best player on your team play a position that he doesn't prefer.

So six years ago when Vladdy was our best player, had Vladdy said he preferred to play SS.  Should we have played him at SS?

We played him at DH many times and he said he didn't like playing DH?  Should we have never played him at DH because he was our best player and you always pander to your best player?

This confirms what I have believed for many years.  There are far too many on this board that has no idea about team sports.

No it's completely absurd

Lifetime knows Mike Trout personally. They are buds.