• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: What the Halo? Leave Trout in CF!

nate

yes, mildly. He prefers it but as he said he's fine with moving and it will be fun to adjust to the new OF position. 

Since when is it never a good idea to make the best player on your team play a position that he doesn't prefer? Do you have some sort of corroborating evidence of this? 

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that making your best player happy is a smart thing to do.  Especially if you want to keep that player in a few years.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that making your best player happy is a smart thing to do.  Especially if you want to keep that player in a few years.

So you really don't have anything to support your assertion. 

Playing Trout in Left Field saves his legs and means he's less likely to run into a wall at speed. I love Bourjos, but I know who's expendable and who isn't. Regarding keeping Trout-he'll play for the team that offers him the best total package; money, chance to win, Turf, etc. Left or Center isn't going to be a consideration when he's a free agent, only who treats him the best.

There is no way you can predict Calhoun being a better hitter than Bourjos and there is certainly a good chance that Shuck will not be able to sustain his current track. Trumbo is a better hitter, he's not a very good outfielder however. Bourjos when getting regular playing time has been a a pretty good hitter and an exceptional defender. Getting a one very five days pitcher or a relief pitcher (or prospect) is not a break even value for trading Bourjos in light of the diminished defense.

This. I'm in near complete agreement with Lifetime in this thread.

If the Angels long term plan was really to keep Trout in LF and Bourjos in center for the next 4+ years I'd be really concerned about our ability to retain Trout.  LOL @ taking his public comments as if they are 100% honest.  The kid wants to play CF and deserves to play it. He wants to show everything he can do, and he can't do that in LF.  If the Angels F this thing up there's going to be a lot of pissed off Angels fans including me.  

Playing Trout in Left Field saves his legs and means he's less likely to run into a wall at speed. I love Bourjos, but I know who's expendable and who isn't. Regarding keeping Trout-he'll play for the team that offers him the best total package; money, chance to win, Turf, etc. Left or Center isn't going to be a consideration when he's a free agent, only who treats him the best.

Considering Bourjos is coming back from a hamstring issue, probably best to put Bourjos in LF for this reason, at least to start. 

Ohh I get it.

He's saying "What the Halo" which is a play on "What the hell?" but since it is Angels related he changed the word "hell" to "Halo". Wit. Rosenthal has it.

I feel like that's an underrated aspect of this article.

"What the Halo" is just so forced and weird.

So you've read studies on this? Are you a psychologist or a sports psychologist? What is the hundreds of years of psychology say about moving a star athlete from their "preferred" position? 

There have been hundreds of studies that state that happy workers produce more... just because it is baseball doesn't change anything.

Also, I am speaking more toward making him happy so he stays on the team.