• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Prediction Thread Post Cozart Trade

Stradling

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

I still think Eppler does a big trade for more salary relief. That could open the door to a hell of a lot of options.

signing Cole, Rendon and maybe even more 

Yea, well we only have 4 guys under contract so the only trade they can make involves Simmons

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

My point exactly. If they sign Rendon then they have their third basemen. Fletcher takes SS with LaStella/Rengifo going for 2B and LaStella/Pujols/Thaiss for 1B. 

I can’t imagine trading Simmons unless they are going after 3 players in free agency

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I would say call me crazy, but I’ve also been saying we should trade Cozart to dump salary and look what happened. 

Seems like anything is possible now 

Yes, but Simmons isn’t a salary dump.  But at the same time he doesn’t have value to trade at the moment.  You’d be selling low.

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok fools, what are your predictions for signings/trades now that we freed up $12 million more.  Are we going to sign Cole, Rendon, Ryu, Donaldson, trade for Darvish, Price?  That do you think we will do?

Sign Cole and Rendon. Trade for a quality catcher and perhaps still sign a free agent catcher on top of that (like a trade for a backstop with an option like Reese McGuire and sign a guy like Castro and then the Angels can option Reese when Stassi comes back). Trade for another starter without giving up Jo Adell, Brandon Marsh (unless it is an elite starter), or Chris Rodriguez. Maybe pick up a bullpen piece in trade too. Possibly trade for a 1B option like Trey Mancini or Kyle Schwaber or even sign another free agent like Castellanos or Smoak for example. Win Division and push for World Series.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, extend Simmons.

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes, but Simmons isn’t a salary dump.  But at the same time he doesn’t have value to trade at the moment.  You’d be selling low.

If the Angels feel confident enough in Fletcher and their chance to sign Rendon then they’d likely go for it I think. Or they deal away Rengifo for someone, but yes, Simmons would yield little return. 

If the Angels were truly out on Cole as Reddit guy believes, then I have every reason to think Cole would've signed with NY already. I think the Angels are still in it, but we're seeing them connected to a lot of different players for a reason.

Just my guess.... I'd say they fail to land Cole but make some pretty ballsy trades. Something like Luis Rengifo and Brandon Marsh for Austin Hedges and Luis Patino. Then he trades Jahmai Jones for David Price, with the Red Sox kicking the price down to 40 million for the Angels across 3 years. Then he signs Travis Shaw, and Hyun Jin Ryu. 

It would make me both love and hate Eppler. Love him because he got a future staff ace in Patino, one of the heat defensive catchers in baseball, some upside in Ryu and Price, with no draft picks. But I'd hate not having Marsh or Rengifo. Or Cole.

Edited by Second Base