• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels trade Zack Cozart and Will Wilson to the Giants for cash and PTBNL

bloodbrother

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

Plus who knows. If Cozart can have a decent year they can trade him. No risk in giving him at bats

Giants fans are probably looking at a + defender who did hit .297 only 2 seasons ago, and our 1st round draft pick from last year and thinking "not bad"

I think a change of scenery will be good for him.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, we have plenty of payroll room for Cole already. I'm not trying to get my hopes up here but why do this unless you need extra space for something else....

Careful, we *assumed* we had enough payroll.  Still unclear what Arte will actually do.  It’s absolutely great news on the huge signing front though. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I think if we've learned one thing over the last three years, it's that draft picks are worth way way more than any of us thought. 

Grandall gets a big contract despite being a year older after not getting one with draft pick attached. Mous finally gets a big deal after initial free agency with draft pick attached. Ordorizzi takes qualifying offer and risks health or poor performance to avoid hitting the market with draft pick compensation attached. Giants eat $12.5 million for a mid-first round pick (who they didn't even get to choose) and didn't light the world up in his brief stint in the minors. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Careful, we *assumed* we had enough payroll.  Still unclear what Arte will actually do.  It’s absolutely great news on the huge signing from though. 

I almost worry its simply because cole is getting so expensive...

Either way, still rather have cole for way too much than cozart, even for a dollar.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Careful, we *assumed* we had enough payroll.  Still unclear what Arte will actually do.  It’s absolutely great news on the huge signing from though. 

All this means is we are making noise and Arte is 100% committed at this point. This is gonna be exciting.

We are getting a superstar whether it be Cole or Rendon and that's exciting. Trout will finally have proper protection. Can you imagine a top of the order with Fletcher, Trout, Rendon and Ohtani? 

Holy shit.

2 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Dude on reddit made some BS post this morning about how we were out on Cole, but getting Rendon, and going to trade Cozart. He later (several hours ago) clarified that we would trade Cozart to the giants...Original post has now been deleted.

https://snew.notabug.io/r/angelsbaseball/comments/e8u0de/out_on_cole/

^^that's the original. He posted this 5 hours ago: