• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cole's Asking Price: Too steep, or too stupid to pass up?

Taylor

Gerrit Cole Monster Contract  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Gerrit Cole's rumored asking price is now 8+ years, $300+ million. Should the Angels play ball or move on?

• Give him whatever he's asking for.
    • Bow out and let the Yankees have him.

Another $320+million dollar contract would hamper this teams ability to improve the roster top to bottom for years to come... no thank you. Just pass at that rate. Spend on Ryu or Bum, trade for Robbie Ray and at the deadline if this team is clicking... trade for an ace of Kluber's caliber. 

Just now, Ochocinco! said:

Another $320+million dollar contract would hamper this teams ability to improve the roster top to bottom for years to come. 

See? I told you guys.

In literally 3 years, Pujols and Upton will be off the books and we'll actually have a lower payroll than we would if we signed Cole.

But keep assuming you know what the budget is, guys. You're doing fantastic at keeping Arte in check.

I don't know what option they really have. To compete now, you have to sign him at all cost. He would not only be the leader of your staff, he would give this club so much needed identity. I love Trout but he doesn't bring identity to this team. On the other hand you have better have a damn good backup plan if you walk away. They would have to sign Bumgarner and/or Ryu/Kuechel. Problem is these guys aren't leading rotation's anymore and still lack that identity piece this team needs. One way or another, i think the Angels are screwed.  

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

See? I told you guys.

In literally 3 years, Pujols and Upton will be off the books and we'll actually have a lower payroll than we would if we signed Cole.

But keep assuming you know what the budget is, guys. You're doing fantastic at keeping Arte in check.

How many wins do the Angels win next year signing Cole and being done for the offseason? 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I think the last poll we did I said 265 was my peak and I think I’m still at that for 7 years. There’s no way I’d give him 300 or more over 7 or 8. I don’t want to be paying a 37 year old pitcher anything. 

I'd

I'd

I

I'd

Thank you for paying money for Cole. I appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

No way does he sign for anything less than 35 per year 

Wow didn't know you had such insight into the personal life of Cole. You really think that someone getting a 300 million contract would care about per year salary? The same guy who as an 18 year old turned down 4 million? 

Have an opinion but express it as such. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How many wins do the Angels win next year signing Cole and being done for the offseason? 

Based on what? WAR? At least 7. They got Bundy too, remember.

And before you imply this makes us a 79 win team I'm going to go ahead and stop you right there. I'm not going down that rabbit hole.