• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stephen Strasburg re-signs with the Nationals (7 years, $245 million)

mmc

That a fairly large error, is it 220 or 245?  220 is an overpay, 245 is a WTF?
Cole will cost at least 260 if Stras got 245, and i think we all know Cole was waiting on Stras just as last years Harder Manny saga played the same pissing game. 
There is no way Cole was going to get less, ever. 

7 years 245 mil is absolutely gross. Good for Stras on betting on himself. But ya that’s absolutely insane. No way he stays healthy for that contract. Also that means Cole is getting over 300 mil. Boras is an absolute stud at maneuvering this shit. Good for them. Wow.  

Just now, Kevinb said:

7 years 245 mil is absolutely gross. Good for Stras on betting on himself. But ya that’s absolutely insane. No way he stays healthy for that contract. Also that means Cole is getting over 300 mil. Boras is an absolute stud at maneuvering this shit. Good for them. Wow.  

I wouldn't be absolutely shocked $300 mil but I'm guessing 8 years $284-$288 mil ($35.5 - $36 million average)

9 minutes ago, nate said:

If the Angels can't land Cole then I don't see how they could be a legit competitor next season.

I fear that this team will be stricken for mediocrity for years to come.

We started 19 different pitchers last year.  Arte better open up the check book or, yes, it will be years of Angel fans getting all giddy over Trout's fangraph stats as we hoover around .500.

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

I wouldn't be absolutely shocked $300 mil but I'm guessing 8 years $284-$288 mil ($35.5 - $36 million average)

No one though Stras was getting even close to what he just got. No way Cole signs for less than 300. Also Rendon is going to get what 259? Boras is absolutely killing it this offseason. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

No one though Stras was getting even close to what he just got. No way Cole signs for less than 300. Also Rendon is going to get what 259? Boras is absolutely killing it this offseason. 

Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked but Strasburg just set the record for pitcher's AAV at $35 mil per season...$300 mil would mean $37.5 million per season.  It only gets that far if the back-and-forth are intense enough between the Yankees, Angels, and whoever else wants to get involved.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wow.

I’m wondering if something like a 10/$310m is actually feasible now. Maybe Cole wants to try and go for longevity and chase some records, and a club would be willing to add length to keep AAV manageable. 

If it’s 10 it’s 350 plus. His aav won’t be below what Stras just signed for. 

One thing to know is that this will almost certainly include a huge deferred payment. The Nats always do that. Their offer to Harper was said to defer payments to when he was 60! The overall number to Cole will be huge but if it doesn’t have a deferred payment it may not be as much as we think. Still probably 290ish