Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Baths

Recommended Posts

I don't do them often, but when I do it's usually after the gym or if I'm feeling sore and I'll throw in a bunch epsom salt. I found some chick bath salts for night time with lavender and chamomile, and even though it's beyond gay it works before bed to help sleep.

Damn, I just realized Adam and I like mani/pedi's and baths. Want to go grab some cosmopolitans next week, dude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't do them often, but when I do it's usually after the gym or if I'm feeling sore and I'll throw in a bunch epsom salt. I found some chick bath salts for night time with lavender and chamomile, and even though it's beyond gay it works before bed to help sleep.

Damn, I just realized Adam and I like mani/pedi's and baths. Want to go grab some cosmopolitans next week, dude?

Bro are we soul mates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Bro are we soul mates?

What's funny about this comment is my FB memory today was our wrecked pick from beer fest at Throwbacks. I have too many business professionals on my friend list, so I didn't share it. Soul mates indeed.

47579884_10218828906859984_5313299931597

Edited by Brandon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brandon said:

What's funny about this comment is my FB memory today was our wrecked pick from beer fest at Throwbacks. I have too many business professionals on my friend list, so I didn't share it. Soul mates indeed.

47579884_10218828906859984_5313299931597

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck without their makeup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wopphil said:

I love the bath. I take a bath almost every day. Usually with the lights off to help relax. Only downside is that it dries out your skin. 

That's why you use the lavender and chamomile bath salts, heathen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we had a bath large enough. The only one in this house is one of those hybrid bath/showers in the kids bathroom. The bath is too short and shallow for me.

We remodeled our bathroom 4 years ago and made the shower twice as large with a bench. I will take extended showers, to the point of draining the hot water tank, sitting on the bench and just soaking. Our next house is going to have to have a true adult sizes bath in the master bathroom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wopphil said:

I love the bath. I take a bath almost every day. Usually with the lights off to help relax. Only downside is that it dries out your skin. 

Blarg is right. Check your products you use, but you need sodium like a bath salt or epsom salt.....I recommend either, but most dude use the latter. Plus, it's good for you and healthy. I think the chick one I have is Natural Village (more of a night time one) and I think was some Christmas gag gift or white elephant gift years ago. The epsom salt I think I got at Costco or CVS while picking up a prescription. 

Throw a good salt in there and you're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Matt Damon and Ben Affleck without their makeup. 

Outside of this pic, banging the bartenders there as well as patrons that we would take over to Fritz because Throwbacks closed at 10 with a beer and wine only license, my other favorite memory there was of you jumping on the bar when we beat the Red Sox in the playoffs finally to advance....I forget the year but met a future girlfriend that day which makes me think 2009 or 2010.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brandon said:

What's funny about this comment is my FB memory today was our wrecked pick from beer fest at Throwbacks. I have too many business professionals on my friend list, so I didn't share it. Soul mates indeed.

47579884_10218828906859984_5313299931597

Did I just accidentally stumble into the 'Hot chicks with douchebags' thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Outside of this pic, banging the bartenders there as well as patrons that we would take over to Fritz because Throwbacks closed at 10 with a beer and wine only license, my other favorite memory there was of you jumping on the bar when we beat the Red Sox in the playoffs finally to advance....I forget the year but met a future girlfriend that day which makes me think 2009 or 2010.

Several very good looking servers/bartenders there. They were fun. 

It was 2009 that many of us met there to watch the Halos FINALLY defeat Boston in a playoff series. Vlad had the game winning hit. At the third out in the B9; I remember Adam bull-rushed me and nearly knocked me on my can.  I think it was Percy who uncorked a bottle of champagne and started spraying people with it. It burned my eyes more than I thought it would, and I barely got sprayed. That was a fun day. I wish it was a place we could still meet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tank said:

Several very good looking servers/bartenders there. They were fun. 

It was 2009 that many of us met there to watch the Halos FINALLY defeat Boston in a playoff series. Vlad had the game winning hit. At the third out in the B9; I remember Adam bull-rushed me and nearly knocked me on my can.  I think it was Percy who uncorked a bottle of champagne and started spraying people with it. It burned my eyes more than I thought it would, and I barely got sprayed. That was a fun day. I wish it was a place we could still meet.

That was me on the bar with the champagne I took from Jody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Blarg is right. Check your products you use, but you need sodium like a bath salt or epsom salt.....I recommend either, but most dude use the latter. Plus, it's good for you and healthy. I think the chick one I have is Natural Village (more of a night time one) and I think was some Christmas gag gift or white elephant gift years ago. The epsom salt I think I got at Costco or CVS while picking up a prescription. 

Throw a good salt in there and you're good.

Does the Epsom salt not dry out your skin? I recently did a large addition and renovation. I put in a huge master tub, and a water purification system to soften the water. The purification system seems to have helped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was Brian who was next to Percy that sprayed it because they were right behind HD and I. We saw it coming and got out of the way.

Still to this day I have never been in an environment like that. The way that place erupted when Vlad hit that ball over second was insane plus when we got the final out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Does the Epsom salt not dry out your skin? I recently did a large addition and renovation. I put in a huge master tub, and a water purification system to soften the water. The purification system seems to have helped. 

Yeah, hard water is bad for the skin not to mention some of the soaps we use are harsh as well. So props on the water softener.

As for drying out the skin, it's actually the opposite as magnesium helps retain moisture. Same reason why athletes take a magnesium supplement for hydration purposes. I think there are a few studies where people that pour too much in get that effect, but I haven't experienced. My skin is actually softer and more hydrated, especially that chick like bath salt I mentioned above. Google it and check it out for yourself. It's really healthy. This was from an article I randomly pulled:

Many Epsom salt advocates believe the amount of magnesium able to enter the body through the skin is sufficient for reducing swelling and relieving aches. It’s also thought that Epsom salts are effective for soothing skin and reducing irritation and itching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this