• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels in the running for Gerrit Cole as winter meetings open

34 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Me sense is he wants to play on the angels but he's fine with using the Yankees to make the angels pay as much as possible

Haven't seen anybody post about the 13.3 percent income tax in California. Does anybody think it will affect his decision?  I know New York's tax is 8.82 so not too much of a difference

23 minutes ago, Halodays said:

Haven't seen anybody post about the 13.3 percent income tax in California. Does anybody think it will affect his decision?  I know New York's tax is 8.82 so not too much of a difference

That’s why all of these highly paid athletes start these nice tax deductible foundations out of the goodness of their heart. 

59 minutes ago, Halodays said:

Someone posted about it and at that salary the difference isn’t the 5% you mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Halodays said:

That does play a huge role. That said, so does the road schedule.

Without knowing each states taxes, does the AL east as a whole get taxed as much as the AL west?

1 hour ago, Halodays said:

Where’d you get 8.82? I saw 12.7. 

Edit: https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2018/may/31/christine-quinn/does-new-york-state-have-second-highest-tax-wealth/

“The combined state and local income tax rate in New York City is 12.7 percent for people who make about $1 million or more. That’s less than California’s 13.3 percent state income tax rate, but more than the rates in the other states.“

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thanks, @Jeff Fletcher

What do you make of Peter Gammons' tweets earlier today?

Annotation 2019-12-07 110529.png

Definitely very cryptic tweets. I think if they had really made a deal, Gammons would have written it more clearly and stronger, and it would have been followed up by a lot of other people.

I am not sure what he means.

1 hour ago, Sean-Regan said:

Where’d you get 8.82? I saw 12.7. 

Edit: https://www.politifact.com/new-york/statements/2018/may/31/christine-quinn/does-new-york-state-have-second-highest-tax-wealth/

“The combined state and local income tax rate in New York City is 12.7 percent for people who make about $1 million or more. That’s less than California’s 13.3 percent state income tax rate, but more than the rates in the other states.“

Off the internet but wow a lot closer then what I posted.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

That does play a huge role. That said, so does the road schedule.

Without knowing each states taxes, does the AL east as a whole get taxed as much as the AL west?

Texas has zero state income tax, but the 7th highest property tax. California has the 16th lowest property tax. New York has the 9th highest property tax.

34 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Definitely very cryptic tweets. I think if they had really made a deal, Gammons would have written it more clearly and stronger, and it would have been followed up by a lot of other people.

When deciphered, it has the zip-code for the stadium he'll call home ...92806😉

If money is equal, it comes down to this..

1) Yankees are always a winner

2) Angels have been a winner in the last, could be again soon

3) Angels play in his Hometown

4) Yankees have a great team

5) Angels have a good lineup, which will get better and they have the best player in baseball. Plus Ohtani, plus Adell, plus Maddon. Plus no trash can...

43 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It means that he’s either drunk or having a senior moment. 

If I'm making a quarter of a billion dollars for 7/8 years of work, I'm not really concerned with decimal points in tax brackets or property taxes.....there are ways around these things. Not to mention he's already made 34.8m in his career. He's going to get generational money, I don't think money will be the issue. The Angels need to sell him on building a winning organization that will contend for a World Series every year and I think they are not far off, unless we have the worst luck like last year.

Have Trout go recruit like Lebron does for the Lakers and sell him on everything that made him sign a career contract here.

14 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Which edge? They lost 90 games last year. I thought players who signed with bad teams signed for money and players who sign with good teams care about winning. At least that's what I've been told previously. 

They lost 90 games with the worst pitching in the  league, with injuries to Upton, Simmons, and La Stella for large portions of the season. Also  they suffered through injuries with Ohtani, and Trout. Signing a couple of top pitchers and a full season of Ohtani on the mound, could turn those 90 loses into 90+ wins. The Angels could be an exciting team to watch.

Once you make the playoffs anything is possible with quality pitching and the best player in the world on your team...

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

They lost 90 games with the worst pitching in the  league, with injuries to Upton, Simmons, and La Stella for large portions of the season. Also  they suffered through injuries with Ohtani, and Trout. Signing a couple of top pitchers and a full season of Ohtani on the mound, could turn those 90 loses into 90+ wins. The Angels could be an exciting team to watch.

Once you make the playoffs anything is possible with quality pitching and the best player in the world on your team...

Also somebody died so there's that.