Sign in to follow this  
Brandon

Favorite places to eat in OC

We used to go to the Roma D Italia in Laguna Hills. It was owned by the son and wife of the original.

The cooks and bus boys used to sit at one of the booths with binoculars and watch the girls on the treadmills at the 24 hour fitness across the street.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I went to Clyde's Hot Chicken in downtown Fullerton today. That's some good hot chicken! I recommend the 'hot as cluck' heat level for a tasty but not over powering kick. 

Nice. I’ll try this when I’m out that way. Recently I’ve been looking for fried chicken or hot chicken joints.

2 hours ago, Sully151 said:

We used to go to the Roma D Italia in Laguna Hills. It was owned by the son and wife of the original.

The cooks and bus boys used to sit at one of the booths with binoculars and watch the girls on the treadmills at the 24 hour fitness across the street.

I loved working at a restaurant and fucking around with the Mexicans.  Half couldn’t speak English but somehow we communicated just fine.  The pizza guy didn’t speak a word of English and so when he would go back to grab dough I’d throw flour down on his station counter and spell “joto” in the flour. He’d come back and throw his hands up and yell out “no mames wey!”  This was at least a daily thing.  I loved that guy.

Taco Maria off the 405 and Harbor in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa is supposed to be fantastic, always rated one of the top 5 restaurants in Southern California.

Someone mentioned Stubriks...always good for a steak and they have Chapman Beers on tap. For having so many bars/restaurants...Fullerton tends to be fair to average when it comes to food options...most places are really just waiting until the nightclub crowd.

I'm a big fan of Zait and Zataar off of Brookhurst in the Little Arabia area. Shwarma is top notch and their hummus is amazing. There are other great middle eastern restaurants in that area as well...Haven't been to Kareem's in awhile, but it was always fantastic.

For variety the Anaheim Packing House has some interesting choices, and Unsung Brewery is right across the street. Punjabi, the Indian restaurant across the street is great.