Sign in to follow this  
mymerlincat

Dylan Bundy to the Angels for Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish, and Kyle Brnovich

Just now, tntoriole said:

Cobb may yet be flippable if he can go out and pitch this year.  Davis not. 

Yes, agreed (I considered Cobb as a possible bad swap for Cozart in the Primer Series I write for this site), but the O's will have to take care of that deferred money still. That is a lot of money that another team will not want to take responsibility for. I think the O's may have to try and restructure that deal and pay him off at the end of his deal or promise to take it all on in trade.... something like that, that deferred money for Davis and Cobb will haunt them in their rebuild effort.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Yes, agreed (I considered Cobb as a possible bad swap for Cozart in the Primer Series I write for this site), but the O's will have to take care of that deferred money still. That is a lot of money that another team will not want to take responsibility for. I think the O's may have to try and restructure that deal and pay him off at the end of his deal or promise to take it all on in trade.... something like that, that deferred money for Davis and Cobb will haunt them in their rebuild effort.

There is a definite segment of Orioles insiders who believe that the team is being prepared for sale when the old man passes.  We shall see.