• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Zack Wheeler signs with the Phillies (5 years, $118 million)

mmc

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

It's pretty funny. I was in the small minority of not happy about the Pujols deal and almost got ran out of here for bring a Debbie Downer from the not your money crowd. Now it's flipped.

I am a fan of the team spending money on good players. Obviously I was wrong about the Pujols deal, but there are plenty more smaller deals that I've hated, such as Wells, Mathews, Finley, Hamilton, Blanton, the list goes on... 

13 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

If Cole ends up being our only signing we’re f*cked. I’d rather see that money go to multiple pitchers instead of just one if that’s the budget 

I wouldn’t. That’s how we ended up with Harvey and Cahill. Teams don’t contend with cheap pitchers unless they get lucky. Our pitching staff will be worst in the division unless we have an ace. 

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not a bad deal either, but I imagined the Angels balked at the high AAV... a longer term contract gives the team more flexibility.

Cole wanted a one year high salary from a playoff contender. That is not us...... At least not yet. Braves should be a lock for the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Bronson said:

If they can get Cole, Bumgarner and trade for a 3-4 starter without giving up Marsh then I’ll say we had a successful offseason.

Not getting Wheeler still hurts though. I think Mickey would have worked wonders with him.

the dream continues.

1 minute ago, kj_maestro said:

David Price haha

1 minute ago, StandOutRealty said:

David Price?... Nathan Eovaldi?

Yeah probably, though I don't think Price is as bad as Wells was when we got him, and relatively less expensive. 

What does that an equivalent trade end up looking like? Price for Goodwin, and La Stella maybe?

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah probably, though I don't think Price is as bad as Wells was when we got him, and relatively less expensive. 

What does that an equivalent trade end up looking like? Price for Goodwin, and La Stella maybe?

Cozart has to be in there for sure

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Price for Cozart. I read red Sox would give him away if someone would take him.

Nothing is guaranteed.  All you can do is get players and roll the dice.  You bend the odds to favor you with better players.  This morning the Angels became even more valuable.  I don’t give a shit about wringing my hands over an extra 10 million to get a player the team needs.  All I give a shit about is the Angels winning and putting up banners.  The Angels could have afforded it.  I hope they have another plan that will work in the pursuit of winning.  What else can you hope for ? 

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

i would give up nobody for price. i have no interest in him being on the angels, unless the red sox took cozart in return AND paid down more of his salary. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nothing is guaranteed.  All you can do is get players and roll the dice.  You bend the odds to favor you with better players.  This morning the Angels became even more valuable.  I don’t give a shit about wringing my hands over an extra 10 million to get a player the team needs.  All I give a shit about is the Angels winning and putting up banners.  The Angels could have afforded it.  I hope they have another plan that will work in the pursuit of winning.  What else can you hope for ? 

a player's wife that wants to live on the west coast?

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i would give up nobody for price. i have no interest in him being on the angels, unless the red sox took cozart in return AND paid down more of his salary. 

Of course. I’m just theorizing about what a Vernon Wells style trade would look like were Eppler to become as desperate as Reagins was after striking out on every FA.