• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Russell

happybat4

34 minutes ago, Lou said:

but that's the point, isn't it? there will always be some reporter, columnist , executive, player, etc. that brings it up. It was brought in 2018.  It was brought up in 2019.

Want to wager that it will be brought up in 2020? 

I mean, I don't think that makes it into the level of distraction for most of the players. How often will the players be asked about it. Plus, I think if we've learned anything over the last month and a half it's that the Astros front office is unique in their arrogant asshattery. Obviously I was being hyperbolic by saying it will only be brought up for a week. But in reality it will be far less of a distraction than it should be. It should be talked about all the time but people don't want to talk about unpleasant things all the time. They just want to enjoy their baseball. I'd imagine that Albert Pujol's decline will be a much bigger distraction to the Angels than bringing in Russell, Chapman, or Osuna would be.

The reason to not bring in those guys is because they did really terrible things and the Angels don't need to associate with them, not because their talent level doesn't make up for the amount of negative media attention they will get.

5 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

The reason to not bring in those guys is because they did really terrible things and the Angels don't need to associate with them, not because their talent level doesn't make up for the amount of negative media attention they will get.

and yet....

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

People won't forget it, but it's not really a topic of conversation for more than a week. 

53 minutes ago, Lou said:

and yet....

Once again, we're not part of the national baseball media. The players won't hear one word of what is said on these message boards. Yeah, we'll talk about it when there is a major change in the status of one of these players; when they are acquired or let go. It might make a headline or two then. But it won't be something that the players are asked about (a distraction) for 95% + of the players time with the organization. You continually conflate you and me talking about this on the message board with reporters and broadcasters asking teammates about it (that is what would be a distraction). We're nobodies. So is the writer from blogger from whatever SB nation site who writes about it the first time player x comes to town each year. That's not what a distraction for the team is and you know that. 

10 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

It would be like signing Hitler.  And unless Hitler was a true, true #1 ace. . .you just have to pass.

.... we need two pitchers though. So what if hitler was say a number 3 with ohtani as the 2?

I know a lot of you would still say no, because of the stupid mustache. But we had santana and that chinstrap at 3, and would have made the playoffs in 12 if we had a bullpen. 

So, i mean...

9 hours ago, Lou said:

it was a national story during the World Series.

EVERYBODY was talking about it. 

As I said, because the Astros brought it up. Chapman wasn't a story during the playoffs. You're right, in my original post I didn't say "unless the Angels are historic level dumbasses." But it would seem to me that level of dumbass could turn nearly anything into a distraction.

54 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

As I said, because the Astros brought it up.

right, meaning that it wasn't forgotten after a week. there will always be someone who brings it up. that's the point.  the next time it is brought up, and it will be, it'll be a story again.