• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Russell

happybat4

5 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Dude, beating your wife is not the same as what Colin Kaepernick did. It's not even even in the same league. That being said, there would be about a week if distraction for signing Russell and then no one would mention it again. It's still not the right thing to do.

Are you kidding? People still talk about Osuna and Chapman (AC’s weren’t quite the same, iirc). Maybe Russell will land with the Royals. Second chances and all that. 

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Signing Addison Russell at this point would be the equivalent of an NFL team signing Colin Kaepernick. Way too many off the field issues. He's a distraction more than he's an asset. 

Subtraction by addition. No thanks.

Lol @ comparing a wife beater to someone who kneels during the anthem

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Lol @ comparing a wife beater to someone who kneels during the anthem

Already been through this. No one compared that. That's just stupid. The post said they're both distractions. But feel free to reread it and point to the spot where I specifically said the idiot that beats his wife is guilty of the same crime as the idiot racist that kneels for the anthem. 

Look really hard for it. No one has found it yet. But maybe you will.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Already been through this. No one compared that. That's just stupid. The post said they're both distractions. But feel free to reread it and point to the spot where I specifically said the idiot that beats his wife is guilty of the same crime as the idiot racist that kneels for the anthem

Look really hard for it. No one has found it yet. But maybe you will.

concerned oprah winfrey GIF

24 minutes ago, Lou said:

right, because nobody ever mentions Russell beating women anymore.

These things tend to linger these days. I was just wondering to myself, this upcoming season, how many times will we see fans in Houston slapping their chairs or making some kind of sound before every pitch, clearly referencing , or even mocking their cheating scandal. 

I really hope they'll see some extremely stiff penalties. Take wind from their sails as an organization.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

It means the teams gets worse by adding Russell. The value of the team decreases as Addison Russell's presence increases. The amount of wins goes down as his presence goes up.....

Subtraction by addition.

That's honestly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Subtraction by addition?

Literally, look at what you typed.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That's honestly one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Subtraction by addition?

Literally, look at what you typed.

You don't think a team could get worse by replacing one player on their roster with another? 

You don't think adding Addison Russell won't piss off some of the players or their wives and negatively effect clubhouse chemistry?

If you're looking for dumb, you might want to start with the mirror.

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

Signing Addison Russell at this point would be the equivalent of an NFL team signing Colin Kaepernick. Way too many off the field issues. He's a distraction more than he's an asset. 

Subtraction by addition. No thanks.

It would be like signing Hitler.  And unless Hitler was a true, true #1 ace. . .you just have to pass.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

You don't think a team could get worse by replacing one player on their roster with another? 

You don't think adding Addison Russell won't piss off some of the players or their wives and negatively effect clubhouse chemistry?

If you're looking for dumb, you might want to start with the mirror.

I'll start with your initial post 

58 minutes ago, Lou said:

right, because nobody ever mentions Russell beating women anymore.

They will when he signs. Really, did they mention Chapman's domestic violence incident on any broadcast when the Angels played the Yankees this year? Did they mention Osuna's when they played Houston? Did any beat reporters ask the Chapman about it? Did they ask any other Yankees players how they felt about it? If Taubman doesn't bring it up after the  ALCS I don't even think it gets mentioned during the World Series broadcast. People won't forget it, but it's not really a topic of conversation for more than a week. 

8 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

They will when he signs. Really, did they mention Chapman's domestic violence incident on any broadcast when the Angels played the Yankees this year? Did they mention Osuna's when they played Houston? Did any beat reporters ask the Chapman about it? Did they ask any other Yankees players how they felt about it? If Taubman doesn't bring it up after the  ALCS I don't even think it gets mentioned during the World Series broadcast. People won't forget it, but it's not really a topic of conversation for more than a week. 

we're discussing it on an Angels message board more than a year and a half after the incident.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

you don't think Taubman bringing it up was distraction to the team?

Definitely. And if Eppler yells at reporters after the biggest game of the season how awesome it is that we got Russell it would be a distraction. Maybe I should have made it clear that it wouldn't be a distraction if the organization doesn't act like arrogant asshats and keeps their collective head down. Heck, I think if the Astros would have just said "we're investigating this and take it very seriously" then it's a one day story. 

Once again, it will be a big media story for a week and then it will just be a bunch of guys like us shouting into the internet void where no one in the organization has to deal with it.