Sign in to follow this  
happybat4

Russell

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Signing Addison Russell at this point would be the equivalent of an NFL team signing Colin Kaepernick. Way too many off the field issues. He's a distraction more than he's an asset. 

Subtraction by addition. No thanks.

Dude, beating your wife is not the same as what Colin Kaepernick did. It's not even even in the same league. That being said, there would be about a week if distraction for signing Russell and then no one would mention it again. It's still not the right thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

Dude, beating your wife is not the same as what Colin Kaepernick did. It's not even even in the same league. That being said, there would be about a week if distraction for signing Russell and then no one would mention it again. It's still not the right thing to do.

Wait, are you serious? Where the F do you make that crap up? Nobody said their crimes were there same thing. Signing them would create the same distraction.

Scarecrow much? 

Edited by Second Base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, floplag said:

Why are people obsession over the one position we actually have depth at?  Russel, Hernandez, etc... The only way we talk to any of them is if we trade from that depth. 

They're not people... they're Chuck's bots designed to stimulate/provoke discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Nobody said it was. Scarecrow much? 

 

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Signing Addison Russell at this point would be the equivalent of an NFL team signing Colin Kaepernick. Way too many off the field issues. He's a distraction more than he's an asset. 

Subtraction by addition. No thanks.

I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to read this. It seems to me like you are trying to create an equivalence between signing Kap and signing Russell based on off the field issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

 

I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to read this. It seems to me like you are trying to create an equivalence between signing Kap and signing Russell based on off the field issues. 

Ok now try reading the sentences right after your bolded statement. You know, the ones where I clarify why not. The ones where I make literally zero mention of wife beating and race-baiting being the same thing.

Edited by Second Base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok now try reading the sentences right after your bolded statement. You know, the ones where I clarify why not. The ones where I make literally zero mention of wife beating and race-baiting being the same thing.

That's right. You are not pointing out what the issues are so they can seem like the same thing. 

"We shouldn't hire criminals like my friend from college or Bernie Madoff." My friend from college got a drunk in public. Bernie Madoff committed a billion dollar fraud. You can't see how describing the two as "criminals" and not pointing out that their actions are very different leads to people equating the actions of the two? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this