• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Moustakas signs with the Reds (4 years, $64 million)

mmc

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Cozart is exactly what is wrong/right with free agency. He was mediocre at best similar to GMJ he "took" something had an amazing last year on his contract before hitting free agency. Then cashed in got lazy got hurt and didn't care the end. Cozart got his money good for him. But it is what it is. 

he did? how?

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

Kevin you should get a full return for that Clairvoyance headset you bought online.

Nah I am ok you should definitely put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and say nah nah nah. Make sure to keep it real tight though. Remember this game is pure no one ever cheats. 

11 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not really. He wasn't doing the same thing he did before that made him good. 

he was struggling (because he wasn't all that great a player) and then he got injured and tried to play through part of it. calling him lazy because he signed a big contract is BS.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

he was struggling (because he wasn't all that great a player) and then he got injured and tried to play through part of it. calling him lazy because he signed a big contract is BS.

You can label him what you want and I will label him what I want. He wasn't great, did something to make him great, then stopped doing that thing, became not good, became injured. It is what it is, we have one more year of Cozart then he's gone. Hopefully we don't make anymore signings of "one year wonders". 

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Peraza was let go.   Guess it's 2B for Moose in Cincy.   That should be interesting.  

I know people here like this deal but, it's kinda meh....  This pushes Senzel into CF where he was  awful defensively and pretty much negates Moustakas' main defensive tool -- his arm.   I know people here hate Keith Law but he pretty much pegged it.  The Reds are paying 16 mil per to basically improve by half a win when you consider all the pieces they are moving around to make this happen.   The power is nice but the lack of OBP on a team that lacks OBP to begin with isn't ideal.

27 minutes ago, RBM said:

So is using a three year average that is skewed by a one time only outlier season to justify a 3/39 signing two years later.

Not the deal I would have made, but If you use WAR instead of focusing on his outlier offensive season his worst production in those three years was good for 1.3 fWAR (2.1 bWAR).   At 13 mil per -- that's pretty much in line with the 1.3 bWAR.   Now, whether or not the defense would have been good enough to offset whatever regression there would have been offensively to reach that 1.3 fWAR  is a valid argument.

@Kevinb you've been traded to MarlinsWin for a guy who prides himself in complete sentences and coherent, original thoughts.  You have 48 hours to report.  They're going to love you.   All 3 of them.

Edited by True Grich

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

@Kevinb you've been traded to MarlinsWin for a guy who prides himself in complete sentences and coherent, original thoughts.  You have 48 hours to report.  They're going to love you.   All 3 of them.

Perfect. We have two championships. Also my original thought is the stuff that gets me in trouble with the likes of you. So I am ok with it. Keep doing your thing you FF. I will gladly take my route with my own thoughts and action then group think. 

On 12/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Obviously, he isn't playing 3B for the Reds.    Eugenio Suarez would have something to say about that.   1B?   Votto is declining and age 36, although still owed $100 million through 2023.    Or 2B?  

I've heard 2B and then an eventual move to 1st if they can find a buyer for Votto. They might attempt swing a exchange of contract trade this or next season for an arm. Votto to Boston for Price?

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course you did, if Cozart does then everyone must.  You should work harder and earn your raise. 

Literally never said everyone does. Said he isn't the first and he wouldn't be the last. But hey you gotta get all up and upset about something. It's Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Literally never said everyone does. Said he isn't the first and he wouldn't be the last. But hey you gotta get all up and upset about something. It's Tuesday. 

Yea you’re ridiculous to think he stopped trying.  It’s just dumb fan bullshit that’s not based in reality.  That’s not how players like him are wired.  He’s a blue collar player that gets the most out of his ability, He wasn’t as good as they thought and he’s been hurt.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea you’re ridiculous to think he stopped trying.  It’s just dumb fan bullshit that’s not based in reality.  That’s not how players like him are wired.  He’s a blue collar player that gets the most out of his ability, He wasn’t as good as they thought and he’s been hurt.  

Who knew you'd get this upset protecting Cozart. You already know my opinions of him as I have stated it multiple times in this thread. I don't think he's blue collared he got the most out of his abilities in one season due to whatever you want to call it. That's what it is. It happens in professional sports all the time. You get one amazing outlier year based on "reasons" to get a big pay day then they go back to their regularly scheduled programming. He isn't the first and he won't be the last. But hey I do love you trying to personally attack me and my work ethic. But hey it's Tuesday, grab a margarita and have a taco. No reason for personal attacks, enjoy the day.