• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Moustakas signs with the Reds (4 years, $64 million)

mmc

23 minutes ago, Don said:

And 4 years is surprising given what's happened to him the last couple of years.

My exact thoughts.  Seems like an overpay considering after today the market is going to be flooded with other options that will be the same bang for the buck.  If he is worth that then the dude that Baltimore put on waivers is worth more.  

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The Angels know about "overpay", sadly. I hope Billy and Arte are not overly gun-shy as they try to raise this team from the depths. To get quality you have to spend some serious dough in this present environment. It is what it is.

Yes and no.  The only player that wasn’t great when we took on a huge amount of money for him was Wells.  Hamilton was incredible leading up to the Angels, and Albert was inner circle HOFer leading up to signing here.  Sure Cozart was an overpay but for 3 years.  To me it is the only time Eppler hurt the Angels by underestimating the market.  The jury is still out on Upton because he was hurt most of last year.  He put up a 3.7 WAR in his first full year here, which is very solid.