• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We need a real closer

Absolutely no trades. We are still no where close to the division lead and have the worst farm system in baseball.

I generally am not in favor of a clear closer. Just use Downs more in the 9th versus lefties and hope Madson can return.

It could be months before Madson can return. He had another setback two weeks ago and has been shut down. When (if) he does return, he'll probably be used in a setup role.

I never understood this mentality of pitching differently, especially a closer, depending on the score. Did Frieri comment at all on this? Is it just "one of those things,"  is his arm tired, or did he "tip his cap?"

If you look around the league, many of last year's top closers are struggling badly.

Jimmy Johnson has blown 5 saves already, Rodney looks like Rodney of old and completely undependable, and Chris Perez was sent to the disabled list due to ineffectiveness.

I think it's just a nature of the business that closers will go through bad stretches.

That is why Frieri will never be a good closer.

Too wild and can't develop a 2nd pitch to save himself.

And WTF happened to the movement his fastball used to have?

why the hell can't he develop a good 2nd pitch.  You would think a change up would be devastating with the quality of his fast ball.

I think the plan was to have Madson as the closer by now. Frieri had a nice run last year but hitters have adjusted to him just being a 1 pitch guy with deception. He needs another pitch desperately. 

On the Gonzalez home run last night, Adrian was just sitting on a fastball middle in because he knew Frieri had no other pitch. Time to add a change up or splitter to the arsenal. 

I think the plan was to have Madson as the closer by now. Frieri had a nice run last year but hitters have adjusted to him just being a 1 pitch guy with deception. He needs another pitch desperately.

On the Gonzalez home run last night, Adrian was just sitting on a fastball middle in because he knew Frieri had no other pitch. Time to add a change up or splitter to the arsenal.

madson is irrelivent

The positive reason for closer by committee is that you can then use your best closer at the time, until he struggles a couple of times, and then you use someone else, and rinse and repeat until someone proves that they can get it done consistently enough to the tune of say nothing worse than a 1.20 WHIP, nothing less than 2/1 Ks/BBs ratio, and limit the long ball.

I know we don't want to trade for anyone but doesn't a trade for Papelbon make sense?

u really trust an idiot like dipoto to make a trade for papelbon?  he'll probably give trout to the phillies.

besides papelbon is another freiri......fastball, fastball, fastball.

u really trust an idiot like dipoto to make a trade for papelbon? he'll probably give trout to the phillies.

besides papelbon is another freiri......fastball, fastball, fastball.

I trust Dipoto over Reggins I know that has nothing to do with anything but atleast dipoto didn't trade away our whole pitching staff "Skaggs, Corbin" I'm ok with losing segura. It hurts to lose him but not as bad as the haren trade hurts.