• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We need a real closer

So what happened to the changeup he was learning this spring? That sure died a quick death

He has a slider but dude cannot throw it with any confidence or feel. Whenever he throws one it's usually loopy and way out of the zone for an easy take. The fastball is fine vs lefties, though when guys are getting good swings off it(Agone tonight), he needs another pitch to go to to finish them off. He needs that breaking ball to finish righties off. Walden struggled with this as closer while here. Just pumped nothing but fastballs because he couldn't command the slider

Frieri may end up going the same route(losing his job) if he can't successfully work in his slider more

I don't disagree with the general sense here, but I think the problem is there's not really anyone else in that bullpen at the moment who is trustworthy.

Richards can look great one night and then serve up fastballs and sliders on a platter the next. The rest of the guys are pretty much the same.

I'm not against shifting roles around a little bit, but I don't know that it actually solves anything. Especially considering the lack of alternatives means you're still going to have to rely on a baddly struggling Frieri in high leverage situations at some point in games.

I don't really like that idea. He's still pitching very well, but he's making 13 M this year and he's owed another 26 M for 2014 and 2015 combined with a vesting option for 13 M in 2016. I hate paying that much for a relief pitcher. It's too risky because of injuries (Madson) and the inconsistency of RP's.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/papeljo01.shtml