• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grillmasters---Steak

I tuned out on the first chick as soon as I saw she went with a flank cut and then was grossed out when she made a marinade or sauce with a ketchup base. But I think the other two are pretty legit and would probably go with the level two lady. Pros? Cons? Your recipes in conjunction with there's? Anything you would incorporate?

Start with a nice thick ribeye, hit it generously with Carne Crosta rub from Oakridge Bbq, smoke on the pellet grill at 275 degrees until it hits 127 degrees internal, slide open the searing flap on the grill and crank it up to max temp, sear for about 30 seconds each side of the steak.

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

And then add copious amounts of A1 once it’s on the plate!

I think it's pretty clear Tank should be banned from any thread discussing the finer points of cooking/eating meat

and in regards to steak sauce...never....ever...use shit you buy at the store. If you must have it, spend 30 seconds and make it

dijon mustard
sesame oil
soy sauce
worcestershire sauce
few dashes of hot sauce (my preference is crystal)

7 hours ago, DCB24Rocks said:

Start with a nice thick ribeye, hit it generously with Carne Crosta rub from Oakridge Bbq, smoke on the pellet grill at 275 degrees until it hits 127 degrees internal, slide open the searing flap on the grill and crank it up to max temp, sear for about 30 seconds each side of the steak.

Nice plug homie

5 hours ago, red321 said:

I think it's pretty clear Tank should be banned from any thread discussing the finer points of cooking/eating meat

and in regards to steak sauce...never....ever...use shit you buy at the store. If you must have it, spend 30 seconds and make it

dijon mustard
sesame oil
soy sauce
worcestershire sauce
few dashes of hot sauce (my preference is crystal)

Yeah, I'm not a sauce dude with any red meat unless it's a shit cut.

Your recipe is interesting because of the dijon, but it's too similar to the marinade I do which is something like this:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/143809/best-steak-marinade-in-existence/

I think I go a little heavier on the garlic and I like to add a little extra re pepper.

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Just on your touchdowns

Ha, I didn't realize this was a thing. Just saw him doing it in that commercial.

Patrick Mahomes’ use of ketchup on steak riles up Chiefs fans | The Kansas City Star
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article221700165.html

Mahomes’ breakout season has him embarrassed to put ketchup on steak
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/patrick-mahomes-ketchup-steak-kansas-city-chiefs-story-espn-details-nfl

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Just looking at the thumbnail there was no chance I was clicking on that. The amateur one looked like it had store shelf shells.

He did and turkey meat. Then he stuffed it with a basic salad that included cucumber and topped it with cheese from a bag

Chef 2 used ground beef but at least drained it. Still, he made a bullshit Taco Bell taco and wrapped a store bought hard shell with a corn tortilla stuck on with sour cream. Then proceeded to dump more sour cream on top. He thought he was really bringing authenticity by shredding his own cheddar cheese. 

Chef 3 used rib eye because he's a douche. They guy did make fresh corn tortillas but then ruined the entire meal by making salsa with pineapple. You don't add sweetness to taco with chopped up raw pineapple unless you are a pretentious douche.

Flap meat marinated in garlic, red pepper and beer then tossed on a high heat barbeque to get a char but pull it at medium rare. That's the meat you use, not ground turkey, hamburger or $15 a pound rib eye. Then keep it simple with cilantro, onion, maybe a radish slice and cotija cheese but most times I skip the cheese and use Tapatio for hot sauce on some freshly warmed small corn tortillas. If I want crunch I fry a tortilla in oil for a tostada. 

5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Ha, I didn't realize this was a thing. Just saw him doing it in that commercial.

Patrick Mahomes’ use of ketchup on steak riles up Chiefs fans | The Kansas City Star
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article221700165.html

Mahomes’ breakout season has him embarrassed to put ketchup on steak
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/patrick-mahomes-ketchup-steak-kansas-city-chiefs-story-espn-details-nfl

Gross. But I believe Heinz found out about this and pays him greatly every year.