• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

‘Losing a war that you weren’t informed of’: Some MLB pitchers are livid over electronic sign stealing

Chuck

20 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

So...MLB players are upset that other MLB players cheated? 

Well this is just an absolute bombshell.

No but I’m willing to bet that they’re more pissed at Mike Fiers for exposing major league baseball players as professionally paid cheats. 

22 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

No but I’m willing to bet that they’re more pissed at Mike Fiers for exposing major league baseball players as professionally paid cheats. 

I agree. I see this as someone betraying his brothers. Unless, of corse, the Astros are the only team that does stuff like this.

8 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

How is MLB going to police this? Take away CF cameras?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

No electronics allowed in dugouts?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

Who is going to enforce the changes?

The MLB

9 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

Should the catchers have to come up with better signs (encrypted somehow)? 

No.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I agree. I see this as someone betraying his brothers. Unless, of corse, the Astros are the only team that does stuff like this.

I mean, that's more believable than ALL the teams doing it.

The Angels sure as shit haven't been stealing signs for the past decade. If they have then they need to fire their trash can guy.

19 minutes ago, Rollinghard said:

How is MLB going to police this? Take away CF cameras?  No electronics allowed in dugouts?  Who is going to enforce the changes? Should the catchers have to come up with better signs (encrypted somehow)? 

How does MLB police it?  How bout they hire 15 guys, who’s job is to monitor the home team dugout and clubhouse.  Done.  How bout they take control of the cameraman in CF and have him be an employee of the league and he can monitor whether or not there are additional cameras in CF to detect this.  This is really not a difficult thing to police.  Teams are allowed to have monitors in the clubhouse, but they are supposed to be on a 10 second delay or something like that.  So the dugout guy monitors that.  Could do away with iPads in the dugout if they are worried about that type of technology being used.  You could attach cameras in the dugout, tunnel and areas where the cheating could take place.  There are no shortage of ways to prevent this.  Lastly, they can make this punishment so bad that no one in their right mind would do it again.  

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

The Astros may see it that way but the rest of MLB likely looks at the situation as the Astros having defrauded ALL of them...    There are a lot of guys pissed off because they believe this cost them money, be it playoff shares or service time..

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How does MLB police it?  How bout they hire 15 guys, who’s job is to monitor the home team dugout and clubhouse.  Done.  How bout they take control of the cameraman in CF and have him be an employee of the league and he can monitor whether or not there are additional cameras in CF to detect this.  This is really not a difficult thing to police.  Teams are allowed to have monitors in the clubhouse, but they are supposed to be on a 10 second delay or something like that.  So the dugout guy monitors that.  Could do away with iPads in the dugout if they are worried about that type of technology being used.  You could attach cameras in the dugout, tunnel and areas where the cheating could take place.  There are no shortage of ways to prevent this.  Lastly, they can make this punishment so bad that no one in their right mind would do it again.  

How about just asking ALL MLB teams to operate with honesty and integrity. Unless that’s too much to ask for. 

There is zero chance this is about hiding some dirty secret.  Why would pitchers keep a secret that is hurting their ability to do their job?  It’s asinine to think this is anything other than players being pissed off about another team cheating to gain a competitive advantage.